Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from San Diego

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-19, 03:57 PM
snoopysvet

Bikes: Schwinn Tandem, Schwinn Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hello from San Diego

Hello -

I had a cheapo Schwinn Hybrid for a few years, managed to ride maybe 15 miles a week. Several months ago I wanted a bit more so I visited my local TREK superstore and was fitted and purchaed a FX-2 with hydraulic disk brakes and started riding more.

Lake Mira Mar is close to my work and has a pathed path five miles long. Currently I am riding between 45 and 55 miles a week. I downloaded an ap and I can ride 15 miles at 12 MPH, or 10 miles at 14 MPH on good days.

I am 60 years old and have a few goals in mind.....

Lose 10 to 15 pounds
Increase my cardio and stamina
join a local bike club once I have a bit more endurance (those clubs bike a lot)
have fun
ride a bit more and a bit faster pace
Old 04-15-19, 10:16 PM
momoman

Bikes: 2013 Wilier Gran Turismo, 1983 Trek 760, 80's Colnago Super, 90's De Rosa SLX, 2009 Waterford 22 Series Singlespeed, 85 Medici Pro Strada, De Rosa Alumino frameset, Dave Molten Fuso frameset, 70's beater Peugeot PX10, Zizzo Liberte, 2022 Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 92 Posts
Welcome! I'm also a newbie here and also 60 yrs old! One of the groups I ride with is the South Pasadena Old Cranks. I'm among the youngest rider in the group. Did you know 60 is the new 40? One or more of the Old Cranks completed the local KOM (King Of The Mountain) series in their 60's, and one of the Old Cranks who is in his 70's rode his recumbent bike solo from Seattle to Los Angeles last Summer! I don't share those same goals, but I just love riding alone, or with different groups of people.
Old 04-16-19, 07:52 PM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10961 Post(s)
Liked 4,616 Times in 2,120 Posts
Welcome!

Old 04-17-19, 04:41 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,566 Times in 3,764 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums. I envy your year round riding weather.