Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hi from Illinois

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi from Illinois

Old 04-24-19, 10:33 AM
HeatherIL
Heather IL

Bikes: 89 schwinn caliente, 2019 Cannondale Quick 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hi from Illinois

I've always loved riding bikes. It's a great way to explore, admire nature, and get some exercise. My husband and I like to take 10-15 mile rides on date night when the weather is nice. I'm hoping to get a little more fit and ride a little faster so that I can join/keep up with the bike group in town.

For the last 14 years, I've been riding an 80's Schwinn road bike that I bought at a yard sale for $5. It's been an amazing bike. At the moment it needs a new back wheel, but for 13 years pretty much the only things I've replaced are tires and tubes. I plan to keep it forever, and I want to learn how to replace the wheel and fix it myself.

Recently I bought a new hybrid bike, a Cannondale Quick 5. It's been rainy so I haven't had a chance to ride it much, but so far it's been a lot of fun.
Old 04-24-19, 11:51 AM
AlmostTrick
Tortoise Wins by a Hare!

Bikes: Wabi Special FG, Raleigh Roper, Nashbar AL-1, Miyata One Hundred, '70 Schwinn Lemonator and More!!

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1549 Post(s)
Liked 941 Times in 504 Posts
Hi HeatherIL, welcome to the board. It sounds like you have a couple of sweet bikes and a plan. Enjoy!
Old 04-24-19, 08:59 PM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11393 Post(s)
Liked 4,729 Times in 2,756 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums, HeatherIL! You can't go wrong with Cannondale, or a neat ol Schwinn!