Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

I have captured a leopard

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

I have captured a leopard

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-19, 11:26 PM
balindamood
Wrench Savant

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 38 Posts
Beautiful bike. I will also add that I do tend to "look inside" frames when I am re-building them. As with this bike, the DiNucci that MississippiMud now has is hands-down then nicest BB brazing/finishing I have ever seen (I still have an '83 Ritchey, '86 3Rensho, '75 Dave Moulton, '87 Serotta, and an '83 Olmo Team bike). Truly a craftsman.
Old 07-01-19, 12:01 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,377 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by mpetry912
Latest update, the Dinucci is out of paint, I have about 80 miles on it now. It is a stunning ride - very "calm" and composed, responsive but not nervous, feels glued to the road at speed. Best bike I've ever ridden, and I've ridden some.

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

Fantastic! You and @obrentharris are the two luckiest/smartest guys on the forum. Looks like plenty of room for more tire. Will you tell us what calipers and reach?
Old 07-01-19, 08:38 AM
Feldman

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 51 Posts
Ha! I assembled that jade green bike when I worked at a shop owned by friends of Mark's. I would refit it with (off topic) any current Shimano mechanical 11 speed group--105 will make you wonder why they even bother making higher line groups, and Ultegra and DA will dazzle you. The frame is absolutely worthy of those and doesn't need to be treated like a vintage good-weather bike. Enjoy!
Old 07-01-19, 08:40 AM
Feldman

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 51 Posts
Who's doing his paint? Even on a computer screen it looks about an inch deep. Beautiful!
Old 07-01-19, 09:11 AM
mpetry912 
aged to perfection

Bikes: Dinucci Allez 2.0, Richard Sachs, Alex Singer, Serotta, Masi GC, Raleigh Pro Mk.1, Hetchins, etc

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Liked 1,252 Times in 661 Posts
thanks for the compliments, it is a very special bike and I must emphasize the ride and handling are even better than the looks.

the brakes are TRP "long" calipers with 67mm reach, so there's room for 32 mm tires and fenders, the bike does have fender eyelets.

Paint is by "Marco" who mixed up a custom berry / cabernet metallic from House of Kolor, and gold transfers, pearl clear overcoat, yes it looks very nice.

Marco doesn't do straight single color work that often - he has a very advanced technique to lay down custom graphics that look like they are part of the bike. I can safely say there's nobody else out there doing paint work like this.

A Ti Cycles titanium stem and custom titanium Campy single bolt seatpost finish the bike off, along with that "natural" Cinelli cork tape and champagne cork.

again thanks for all the compliments.

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA USA