Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Any experience with bikehighway.com / bikemania.biz?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-19, 10:53 PM
adlu

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi, I'm pretty new here so I'm not sure if I searched adequately for this question in earlier threads, but I couldn't find any previous posts about this online bike store and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I also couldn't find any reviews on other sites. I'm curious because they have a sale on some rims that I've been looking to buy and it's a pretty good deal.

The URL is https://www.bikehighway.com and I think the same store is also at https://www.bikemania.biz

The site seems legitimate, but in the "about us"section it says that it used to be known as "Uncle Barn's Bike Highway" and I couldn't find any info on that either. They have a blog but it's pretty sparse.

Thanks!
Old 10-16-19, 02:15 AM
bpcyclist

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 364 Times in 227 Posts
First time I have heard of them.
Likes For bpcyclist:
Old 10-16-19, 04:30 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Bikemania has been around for a long time. Looks like they became notoriously awful a few years ago: https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...biz-legit.html
Go to the last several posts in that thread and you find universal regret for dealing with them.

This is consistent with their google reviews which indicate that they don't fix their screwed up orders.

Stay away.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 10-16-19, 04:36 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
They're definitely the same store, btw, same contact number.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 10-16-19, 09:43 AM
adlu

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Bikemania has been around for a long time. Looks like they became notoriously awful a few years ago: https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...biz-legit.html
Go to the last several posts in that thread and you find universal regret for dealing with them.

This is consistent with their google reviews which indicate that they don't fix their screwed up orders.

Stay away.
Thanks for the link to the thread. I explored the "advanced search" function and figured out why I didn't see that thread before!
It's funny how several people in the thread are tempted to get burned by bikemania multiple times b/c of the hope of saving $20. That's exactly why I was tempted!
But I will take your advice and the experience of those people and avoid it! Thanks!