Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Bike parking availbility in DC

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-19, 06:15 AM
clamy99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Metro lists how many bike racks are available at each stop but I was wondering how soon these fill up in the morning. I come in at union station & am hoping to bike to a station along the silver line to avoid red line madness & get some exercise in the morning. I’m aiming between federal center and foggy bottom (preferably a more west-bound stop, like Farragut or etc.). Any insights & experience are greatly appreciated.
Old 09-12-19, 04:58 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts
I haven't brought a bike on Metro in many years but I'm frequently in DC in the morning for meetings. From what I've seen, where there are bike racks I don't remember seeing them completely filled. There are definitely way more cyclists in the morning but so many of them are on the time share bikes and they don't use the racks.
Old 09-12-19, 03:25 PM
honcho

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 30 Posts
I don't park my bike at a metro stop but I do pick and drop off a family member regularly at stops on the Orange Line -- primarily Vienna, Dunn Loring and West Falls Church -- and from my unscientific count, there appear to be plenty of spots available both morning and evening. It may be different at the close in stations.