Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Zwift training plan question

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-21, 09:26 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts

I am doing the 12 week build me up training plan on Zwift. I have not missed a workout yet. Somehow I have gotten them all in and its a tough plan. Question: what happens if I miss a workout? Does it just end, do I have to start over?

Second question, if I am doing a workout and I want to skip a segment but still finish the workout do I still get the workout credit? Last night I needed to be finished early for a family deal and I wanted to skip the cooldown it was 10 minutes. I didn't want to mess anything up so I finished it but what happens if you skip a segment in a work out?

thanks!
Old 01-07-21, 09:39 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10954 Post(s)
Liked 7,482 Times in 4,184 Posts
If you miss a workout, then go to the next workout. If you skip a segment and dont get a star, nobody will shame you for it. Zwift will continue to take your money without delay.

Ive skipped segments before to fill a water bottle and to resolve a potential WW3 argument over sofa cushions. I accepted that I am not full star worthy and moved on.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 01-07-21, 09:41 AM
mark_schiess

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
You will still get credit you will just have a missing star
Old 01-07-21, 11:20 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by mstateglfr
If you miss a workout, then go to the next workout. If you skip a segment and dont get a star, nobody will shame you for it. Zwift will continue to take your money without delay.

Ive skipped segments before to fill a water bottle and to resolve a potential WW3 argument over sofa cushions. I accepted that I am not full star worthy and moved on.
thanks for the laugh and the info.

I really like the training plans. I have given up on riding for XP anymore, could care less after 5 years. I hit level 35 and got some high end stuff according to Zwift Insiders tests and its really just not worth chasing anymore for points or drops. I am only missing 4 badges and I used to be all into chasing them, but not anymore I just ride for me now. I am happy to pay the 15$ for the service its good for winter for sure. But just over chasing points and racing.

I only do event stuff like tour of whatever and workouts.

thanks for the info
Old 01-07-21, 11:21 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by mark_schiess
You will still get credit you will just have a missing star
as long as I have more stars than my son on the fridge I will be ok
Old 01-07-21, 11:54 AM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
I'm in week 8 of the Build Me Up program. Last week I started a workout and had to bail out just after the warmup. I exited Zwift saved everything. I got credit for miles I rode but nothing for the workout and restated it from the very beginning the next day.

I have bailed out during the cooldown segment I did receive credit for the whole workout.

When you don't get to a workout before the cut-off it shows in grey on the companion app and you cannot do it then.

As far as stars go it is my experience that most of the time that I don't get a start or just half a star it is during the recovery segments. Usually because I'm either putting in too much power or not enough.

This is my first Zwift workout plan. I'm not sure if it will increase my ftp in the end it should but we will see. One thing is it is having a positive effect on my quads. My schedule makes getting all of the workouts in some weeks difficult.
Likes For Thomas15:
Old 01-07-21, 12:42 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by Thomas15
I'm in week 8 of the Build Me Up program. Last week I started a workout and had to bail out just after the warmup. I exited Zwift saved everything. I got credit for miles I rode but nothing for the workout and restated it from the very beginning the next day.

I have bailed out during the cooldown segment I did receive credit for the whole workout.

When you don't get to a workout before the cut-off it shows in grey on the companion app and you cannot do it then.

As far as stars go it is my experience that most of the time that I don't get a start or just half a star it is during the recovery segments. Usually because I'm either putting in too much power or not enough.

This is my first Zwift workout plan. I'm not sure if it will increase my ftp in the end it should but we will see. One thing is it is having a positive effect on my quads. My schedule makes getting all of the workouts in some weeks difficult.

I was looking forward and the time going forward on the plan goes up...rides are now regularly 1.5-2 hours and 5 rides a week. That will tough for me to hit but will see. I really want to complete the plan!

I don't care about the stars and all that. Yes, my fitness has been better, but the FTP I am not sure about either. But I don't really care if my FTP goes up 1 or 10 points its just about getting fitter. I am liking the challenge....although getting the wattage and cadence to match is difficult sometimes but doing well....so far...
Likes For sdmc530:
Old 01-07-21, 01:36 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Somewhere on Zwift's website they explain that you have to have a certain level of "compliance" to get credit for the workout, and have to do a certain number of the total workouts to get credit for finishing the plan. But if you don't care about stars or XPs, and all you care about is getting fitter, then it really doesn't matter.
Likes For caloso:
Old 01-07-21, 04:17 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by caloso
Somewhere on Zwift's website they explain that you have to have a certain level of "compliance" to get credit for the workout, and have to do a certain number of the total workouts to get credit for finishing the plan. But if you don't care about stars or XPs, and all you care about is getting fitter, then it really doesn't matter.
I can't find it on there but didn't look super long. That is why I asked here. I don't care about the XP and all that but I would like to get a full plan completion though.

I will go search more and see if I cant find more info.

thank you!!
Likes For sdmc530:
Old 01-07-21, 05:33 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Here's what I was thinking of:

Q: Do I have to complete an entire workout to receive credit for it?

A: In order for a workout to be considered complete, you must finish approximately 80% of the associated activity. Additionally, you must complete approximately 80% of the workouts within a training plan to receive credit for the overall plan.
https://support.zwift.com/en_us/cycl...overall%20plan.
Likes For caloso:
Old 01-07-21, 06:26 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Originally Posted by caloso

awesome. Thank you for finding that faster than I could. I am not good at searching.... appreciate it!
Old 01-07-21, 07:46 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,690 Times in 2,513 Posts
Moved to Indoor from General