Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

What would you guys pay for this?

Old 01-24-21, 08:28 PM
clubtrace

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What would you guys pay for this?

I cant post a picture cause it says i need 10 new post but seeing what you guys think. Its listed for 650
CHEERS

Bianchi “ Veloce” oversize and manipulated tubing steel frame built with Bianchi Chromolite ( rebadged Dedacciai tubing). Carbon fork. Paint and decals in excellent condition.

55cm. centre to centre seat tube, 56 cm. centre to centre top tube, fits approx. 5’10” – 6’ 00. a tad either way depending on personal taste. Seat in pictures set at 5’10” as a guide. If not sure of bike fitting dimensions that can be done.

Campagnolo Veloce 27 speed groupset set. 3x9. Ergo levers, brakes, triple crankset, crankbolts, rear gear changer, bottom bracket. Daytona front gear changer.

KMC chain.

Bianchi branded ( rebadged ITM) seatpost, handlebars and stem. Selle Royal saddle with a tad more padding than an all out race saddle

Wheels. Rebuilt with unused N.O.S. Miche racing oversize hubs, DT swiss spokes, Mavic CXP 14 deep profile rims. Campagnolo pattern Miche 9 speed cassete. Tires like new.

This is a super stiff handbuilt in Italy rocket covered in Campagnolo that’s as Italian as it gets with not a lot of use. Spent much of it’s life being moved from A-B in a garage. Completely rebuilt from the ground up, nothing to do or spend, no nasty surprises at the bike shop.
Old 01-24-21, 09:02 PM
surveyor6

Bikes: 1961 Higgins Flightliner

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 70 Posts
If you want to ride at your own pace, it sounds like a good bike at a good price.
-If you want to keep up in group rides, you may need to look for something lighter. Just my opinion.
Old 01-24-21, 09:19 PM
clubtrace

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by surveyor6
If you want to ride at your own pace, it sounds like a good bike at a good price.
-If you want to keep up in group rides, you may need to look for something lighter. Just my opinion.
Good points.Thanks
Old 01-25-21, 07:22 AM
thinktubes 
weapons-grade bolognium

Bikes: Battaglin Cromor, Ciocc Designer 84, Schwinn Superior 1981

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 2,362 Times in 887 Posts
$650 is high - more of. $350-450-ish bike. Was a mid-level bike BITD.
Old 01-25-21, 02:31 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,123 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by surveyor6
a 22 lb bike like the one the OP is speaking of is not going to be a deciding factor in you keeping up or not,

your fitness and ability to ride in a pack is all you need for most group rides. Im guessing the OP isnt looking to do much racing or he’d be on the waiting list for something carbon from Specialized

ive done back to back loops , timed, on my S Works Tarmac and then the next day on my old school Colnago steel 22 lb bike. The only difference was the tall gearing on the older bike meant i had to grind upsome hills i could spin up on the Specialized and this cost me a few seconds but everywhere else they were darn close

not saying the old bike rode as well or was as fun to ride as the new one, - and the new one was worth the money, just saying the equipment did not affect pure speed nearly as much as i thought it would

Last edited by DMC707; 01-25-21 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-25-21, 02:35 PM
DMC707

Originally Posted by clubtrace
Good points.Thanks
read my rebuttal to that - the bike you are referencing is a good bike, maybe a little high, id be happier paying 450-500 for it but the market is still tough in some areas.

the bike wont holdyou back u less you are racing at a cat 3 level or so - it would be out ofplace in a criterium with a triple up front, admittedly
Old 01-25-21, 02:47 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3646 Post(s)
Liked 5,377 Times in 2,729 Posts
The asking price is clearly too high but might be a nice bike if it's perfect and you can get it down to $450 or so. It's a decent steel frame, though tire clearance may be limited by today's standards. Veloce was probably the lowest end Campy sold on a production bike in the US. Due to the Campy specific freehub, you won't have an easy path to upgrade to a reasonably priced modern group. On the other hand, if the components are in great shape you probably could get several years of good service. Seller seems pretty proud of it, may sit awhile unless he gets lucky with an uninformed buyer.
Old 01-25-21, 04:58 PM
DMC707

Originally Posted by shelbyfv
The asking price is clearly too high but might be a nice bike if it's perfect and you can get it down to $450 or so. It's a decent steel frame, though tire clearance may be limited by today's standards. Veloce was probably the lowest end Campy sold on a production bike in the US. .
MIrage was OEM on several models of SpecializedAllez’s and Giant CF bonded bikes in the early 90’s. Veloce 9 speed is actually pretty nice
Old 01-26-21, 12:32 AM
clubtrace

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for all the helpful replies. He sold it today for full price so i will continue the journey. Anyone want to throughout some of there older favorite setups.. I have a 1500 dollar budget
Cheers
Old 01-26-21, 09:44 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3462 Post(s)
Liked 2,825 Times in 1,994 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
a 22 lb bike like the one the OP is speaking of is not going to be a deciding factor in you keeping up or not,

your fitness and ability to ride in a pack is all you need for most group rides. Im guessing the OP isnt looking to do much racing or he’d be on the waiting list for something carbon from Specialized

ive done back to back loops , timed, on my S Works Tarmac and then the next day on my old school Colnago steel 22 lb bike. The only difference was the tall gearing on the older bike meant i had to grind upsome hills i could spin up on the Specialized and this cost me a few seconds but everywhere else they were darn close

not saying the old bike rode as well or was as fun to ride as the new one, - and the new one was worth the money, just saying the equipment did not affect pure speed nearly as much as i thought it would
It’s all about the bike. You need to spend $12,000 at least and another $700/900 on kit.
Likes For repechage:
Old 01-27-21, 08:26 AM
Phil_gretz
Zip tie Karen

Bikes: '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT, '16 Motobecane Turino Pro Disc, '18 Velobuild VB-R-022, '21 Tsunami SNM-100

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1465 Post(s)
Liked 1,542 Times in 806 Posts
Motobecane Century PRO DISC at $1799 on BikesDirect.com. Ships in April. Save up another $300 before then.