Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from suburban Chitcago. Please help

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Greetings from suburban Chitcago. Please help

Old 11-25-20, 06:40 PM
ThatsOK Cyril
“I understand...”

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 5 Posts
CIAO from Chitcago suburbs. Please help Bikaholics Anonymous

My name is Cyril and I have a confession. I cannot find the strength to rid myself of any of my bikes that I know I should.

May we now please observe a moment of silence?...................

Please grant me the ability to thin my herd and turn loose of my 1973 21” Raleigh Professional track bike (which in 1984 left me waking up in the hospital with a concussion not knowing how I got there after “I am told” I pulled my foot out of the pedal in turn three in the last 50 meters of a match sprint. Um. No, I didn’t win, although my buddies tell me I was asking that every 90 seconds) 1970s 56cm Chas Roberts (Celeste colored) track bike, my 56cm 1981 (white) Bianchi Campione d’Italia road bike turned hipster wet dream road fixxie, my ?1980s Campy 8sp Record equipped 57cm Eddy Merckx team Molteni, my bizarre (ahead of the gravel fad) 56cm Rockshox Ruby & Ultegra equipped SpecialAllez Epic. Oh, and my 56cm early 90s Tange tubed steel Specialized Allez frameset.

I pledge allegiance to my twenty three year old Campy 9sp carbon Record equipped Merckx Titanium (Litespeed) that just thirty days ago carried me comfortably over 250mi of the Missouri KATY trail. I solemnly swear my Merckx does not care if I resurrect my 56cm 1980 Raleigh Comp GS, brazing on canti’s and rack mounts and cable stops, lavish her with Campy Chorus Ergo and triple and take her off touring-or if I upgrade my new (to me-3 weeks ago-my first real touring bike) 1987 Raleigh Kodiak with triple STI and new 700c wheels and go touring. Is that a sin?

Grant me the strength to upgrade the things I can and the physical ability to ride the crap out of my fleet including numerous unnamed mountain bikes and new to us Cannondale MTB tandem.

Lastly o great ones please grant me the serenity to now find that 1984-1986 56cm “American Flyers” Specialized Allez.

Grant me thine strength, o divine bike gods.

Yours in deepest cycling faith. -Cy

Can I get an “Amen!”?

Last edited by ThatsOK Cyril; 11-25-20 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-25-20, 08:18 PM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Sing it loud and proud, Cy.
Welcome to the gang!
Old 12-02-20, 10:50 PM
rossiny

Bikes: Trek 970, Bianchi Volpe,Casati

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 86 Posts
How do you eat an elephant, >> 1 bite at a time
1 bike at a time 😁
Old 12-03-20, 01:03 AM
rossiny

Bikes: Trek 970, Bianchi Volpe,Casati

Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 86 Posts
How do you eat an elephant, >> 1 bite at a time
(Sell 1 bike at a time &#128513
I sold off a few,, then bought a few

Last edited by rossiny; 12-03-20 at 01:06 AM.