Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What's your best "find" while riding?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

What's your best "find" while riding?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-19, 05:50 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
Most important, My sanity. When I lose it I get on a bike and I magically find it.
Likes For delbiker1:
Old 09-24-19, 06:15 PM
Leebo

Bikes: Kona Dawg, Surly 1x1, Karate Monkey, Rockhopper, Crosscheck , Burley Runabout,

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 66 Posts
Found a blackberry phone, still on not locked or anything. A couple of calls on redial I spoke to a very relived owner. I told her my address and that I liked cold ipa's. She lived 3 streets away and come through with a nice 12 pack.
Old 09-25-19, 06:54 AM
veloz

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 48 Posts
Saw what looked like a smartphone on the pavement at a roundabout. I rode around the circle again and as I neared it, a large trucks wheels ran directly over it. I picked it up and it was a new, plus sized iPhone (when they first came out with plus size). It was working and unharmed other than it’s protective case was scuffed. It rang, I answered, and it was the upset but relieved owner calling. I left it at a nearby library for him to retrieve it. Wish I’d paid attention to the case brand but didn’t.
Old 09-25-19, 09:09 AM
Stratocaster

Bikes: 2015 CAAD 10; 2016 Felt Z85

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
A year or 2 ago I found a work ID badge. It belonged to a guy that worked for a local business who happened to be a competitor of the company I worked for.
I called him and we chatted - I mentioned that since my company was about to merge with another, I might be looking for work - please remember me and consider me for employment! Haha.
He said he would.
Turns out that my part of the company got divested and was purchased by yet another competitor...so no need to cash that one in...yet.
Old 09-25-19, 10:49 AM
Wolfhaven

Bikes: Salsa Fargo, Surly Disc Trucker, Surly ECR, Cannondale Cujo, Rocky Mountain Blizzard

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Lots of hand tools is the norm. In Minnesota they must really love their bananas. Ride by peels everywhere, even remote back roads. Oddest find was a sex toy in a parking lot next to a mountain bike trail.
Old 09-26-19, 08:44 PM
Brachadillo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I find lot of coins and bic lighters.
Old 09-27-19, 04:54 AM
Clipped_in
Rubber side down

Bikes: are fun! :-)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 105 Posts
Yesterday I found a women's wallet during my lunch ride. It was lying in the road with some of the contents scattered around. It was at the top of a pretty good climb so I was going slow or I might not have seen it. It had her driver's license, credit cards, and ~$200 in cash so I was quite sure it hadn't been stolen. Fortunately, I was able to track her down online and get everything back to her.

I would hope someone would do the same for me if I were in her shoes.
Likes For Clipped_in:
Old 09-27-19, 11:53 AM
Jax Rhapsody
Rhapsodic Laviathan

Bikes: Rideable; 83 Schwinn High Sierra. Two cruiser, bmx bike, one other mtb, three road frames, one citybike.

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Stadjer
I remember this from a long time ago, not because I found money but money found me. I was waiting for a traffic light and suddenly the wind blew a bright yellow 50 guilders bill into my front wheel spokes, where it just sat firmly and flapping in the wind as to draw my attention in case I hadn't see it flying in. I didn't have to grab it quickly as it was stuck, and I didn't even have to reach for it as it was at the closest point in the wheel to me. I was a student back then and I had to work over 5 hours for that amount back then. I just took it out calmly like it was nothing special and put in my wallet like it was just handed to me in a regular transaction, and just as my wallet was back in my pocket the light turned green. The lady next to me looked at me like she wanted to say something and I looked back at her like this was a daily occurance for me and rode off.
I wish I found $50 on the daily.
Old 09-27-19, 12:14 PM
Jax Rhapsody
Rhapsodic Laviathan

Bikes: Rideable; 83 Schwinn High Sierra. Two cruiser, bmx bike, one other mtb, three road frames, one citybike.

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 91 Posts
I've found three or four iphones and made about 20 bucks each from their thankfull owners.
A coffee maker, which I needed. I thought it was a small karaoke machine. It was a carrafeless type.
A DK bmx bike. Complete and ridable.
A Dewalt drill in it's bag with boxes of screws a set of bits and a set of drivers for it.
A few packs of cigarettes.
Found a chick who had got kicked out and needed somebody to talk to.
The wheel on the front of my Schwinn Prelude.
Some beer sat out with a sign that said; free beer.
A old Huffy Cranbrook.
Oreck Air ionizer.
Old 09-27-19, 12:23 PM
Stadjer

Bikes: Gazelle rod brakes, Batavus compact, Peugeot hybrid

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 5991 Post(s)
Liked 956 Times in 730 Posts
Originally Posted by Jax Rhapsody
I wish I found $50 on the daily.
I don't, but to be honest I have luck like that quite often and when it happens for some reason it feels natural to me, I almost feel entitled. Like it was about time to run into some random luck again, and that's why I didn't act surprised at all and managed to leave the lady flabbergasted.