Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bike Bling?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Bike Bling?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-19, 06:53 PM
milton banana

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bike Bling?

I found a killer deal on some winter road shoes at this site. I've never used them before. Anybody here have good or bad things to say about this store?
Old 10-18-19, 07:48 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked 2,537 Times in 1,433 Posts
Originally Posted by milton banana
I found a killer deal on some winter road shoes at this site. I've never used them before. Anybody here have good or bad things to say about this store?
I ordered a tire once from them a while ago. They were pretty flakey. Can’t remember exactly what happened (this was a long time ago).but I remember at one point talking to a guy on the phone who seemed stoned. Whatever happened, it made me decide to avoid them in the future.
Old 10-18-19, 08:16 PM
fried bake

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts
Just bought my ebike from them. Granted, Kelly does sound a little like a Cali stoner, but he’s great to do business with.
Old 10-18-19, 08:50 PM
milton banana

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I was in Colorado Cyclist show room today. They didn't have any Sidi winter boots. I tried on a pair of shoes size 48. Not bad but a little to narrow for me. I figured if I could find a 14 maybe that would work, or go back to CC and special order a pair of 48 EE.
Old 10-19-19, 07:06 PM
FP7

Bikes: De Rosa SK Pinanfarina; Pinarello FP7; Guericiotti; Colnago C59; Orbea Orca

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike Bling

I found them online. Ended up speaking with someone on the phone regarding frame size. They're in Escondido; I'm in LA and haggled over the tax and shipping. They ended up dropping the price of the bike another $425. I drove down to get sized and pick up bike. They did not have the Garmin I ordered in stock when I got there, so they sold me the 1030 for the price of the 820. Did not have the Look Keo Blades TI in stock,as per the order. They shipped the pedals a few days later and then the following month shipped another pair.

The pedals, Garmin and Zipp stem were supposed to be ready when I picked up the bike, but the Garmin & pedals were not. They sold me the next level up Garmin for the same price, dropped the price on the pedals and subsequently shipped two pair of pedals.

I love these guys.
Old 10-22-19, 09:01 AM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
I drove down there 2 years ago to buy a bike from them. They would have shipped, but heck - NBD should be a celebration.

Guys in the shop were great, the shop itself is clean, well-lit and pretty well stocked.

It's not a fly-by-night internet operation, that's for sure. Thumbs up from me.
Old 10-22-19, 09:40 AM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 206 Posts
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I drove down there 2 years ago to buy a bike from them. They would have shipped, but heck - NBD should be a celebration.

Guys in the shop were great, the shop itself is clean, well-lit and pretty well stocked.

It's not a fly-by-night internet operation, that's for sure. Thumbs up from me.
I live about an hour from the store and have been there a few times over the years.
In my experience, Bike Bling is the most well stocked bike store I've ever been in.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.