Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Women's Fausto Coppi - 60-70's

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-23, 02:07 PM
alennie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Women's Fausto Coppi - 60-70's

Hello!
Found this one in my Mother in law's garage, hanging by the rims for a few decades.
Appears to be a relatively good condition for its age. no major dents, scratches.
A little tear on the seat. and some normal wear on the paint throughout.
One tire appears to be the original white wall, while the other has been replaced.

The Head badge features Fausto Coppi wording and HIS FACE.. I haven't seen this on many other frames.
The Chain guard integrates beautifully into a cover plate for the crankset.. Haven't seen this very often
There is a nameplate at the back of the Seat, "Faro" unsure if this is a manufacturer or ?
There is also the sticker of the store where it was purchased (we assume) . which reads, partially, "Sport house of Canada", "1556 Eglinton West, Toronto" ".....ony" and "Marrone"

I believe it is a small women's frame, though It's possible it is a children's frame. perhaps?
Have not been able to find anything to nail down the year, we believe it is from 60's or 70's at the latest.

I am a new user and cannot yet post photos, but will just as soon as I am no longer restricted.

Last edited by alennie; 09-07-23 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-07-23, 03:38 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3814 Post(s)
Liked 3,345 Times in 2,182 Posts
-----

​​​​​​
​​​​​​
​​​​​​

​​​​​​
​​​​​​

​​​​​​

-----
Old 09-07-23, 03:47 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26425 Post(s)
Liked 10,381 Times in 7,209 Posts
...it's old, but not especially valuable. Those Coppi bikes with his mug plastered on the head tube got imported in large numbers briefly. I don't know who made them.
Old 09-08-23, 05:54 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3464 Post(s)
Liked 2,831 Times in 1,997 Posts
Many made by Fiorelli- who made a whole price range of type also.

nice but a narrow audience.
appears I good shape overall
Old 09-08-23, 07:21 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 791 Post(s)
Liked 1,770 Times in 635 Posts
Great looking old bike really like the paint and chainguard but not worth a lot. It is lower end women's single so I would put it at close to the top of the market for this type bike at $100 maybe bit less on a local cash sale. To help sale value give it a good wash you can use a bucket warm water with dish soap and a couple rags pump up the tires and but a little oil on the chain pretty easy and you could add $50 or so to the sale price and make quicker sale.

Last edited by zukahn1; 09-08-23 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-13-23, 03:07 PM
d_dutchison
Classic, Vintage Mechanic

Bikes: '65 Legnano Gran Primeo || '76 Holdsworth Mistral || '82 Specialized Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
Coppi sold his name to anyone willing to pay his price, which were usually importers of low-mid level European bikes of undisclosed italian manufacture. The dealer sticker on this one is from a large general interest sports retailer in North Toronto, not a specialty bike shop (and believe me, I knew -and haunted - almost every one in the city at that time), so it's a Bike-Boom special, but it's quite a bit classier than the run-of-the-mill "ten speed racers" that flooded the market at that time.

It's well worth a clean and polish to make an classy neighborhood commuter. BTW, all the little holes in the rear fender are for the skirt guard. They would have been filled with a length of colourful string running from the fender down to fitting near the axle, then back and forth, to keep a ladies skirt out of the back wheel. Well worth restoring that too.