Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

I hate myself right now

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-09, 05:45 PM
BearsysRevenge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hate myself right now

I ate a whole batch of brownies today in like 4 hours and I haven't ridden in almost a week.

Old 03-12-09, 06:02 PM
txvintage
Tilting with windmills

Bikes: Many

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
My wagon came with factory installed crash pads around it. I need them for as often as I fall off of it.

We didn't get here in a day and we won't change anything in a day. Set backs, hicups, and detours are a part of life. The important thing is to realize it's a long haul and get back out there as soon as you can.
Old 03-12-09, 06:11 PM
Bigboxeraf

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.9sl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
+1 I went on the scale a month ago and found that I gained back all the weight I lost over the summer and the better part of the fall; As a result rather than getting my Easton EA90 aeros I bought a beater bike that I can use in the bad weather. I will take out the roadie when we have consistantly nice weather. My downfall was a combination unemployment and acheeseshop that opened by my wives office. So now anything that would usually be a car trip I hop on the hunk of iron.
Old 03-12-09, 06:18 PM
Bigboxeraf

Bikes: Trek Madone 5.9sl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by txvintage
My wagon came with factory installed crash pads around it. I need them for as often as I fall off of it.

We didn't get here in a day and we won't change anything in a day. Set backs, hicups, and detours are a part of life. The important thing is to realize it's a long haul and get back out there as soon as you can.
Well said TX. This set back got me over my dislike of winter riding. I Have decent fleece pants windstop layers and a baclava. I can go out in just about anything. Hopefully come the full onset of spring I'll be faster on the madone.
Old 03-12-09, 08:50 PM
Jtgyk

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome to the human race. Just don't beat yourself up about it. Self hatred just perpetuates the cycle...just think how far you'll be able to ride without bonking now!

My nice new Nashbar Touring Build AKA "The Flying Avocadooooooooo!"
1998(?) Trek 700 Multitrack
1995 Trek 1220 AKA "Jimi"
Older Non-suspension Specialized Hardrock
Old 03-12-09, 08:53 PM
baron von trail 

Bikes: 3 good used ones

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Yeah, it has been a rough winter for us all. I put on 20 lbs since T-Giving and I am none too happy about it. The worst part is that most of the wgt just appeared one day, but I know darned well that it won't just disappear in the same fashion.

It will probably take me 3-6 months to lose it.
Old 03-12-09, 09:08 PM
cooleric1234

Bikes: CAAD9-1, Windsor Cliff 29er

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When I have a bad day of eating I like to do something. Go get on the scale right after eating. I don't care how much you ate, even if you feel like you gained five pounds you didn't. There's only so much weight you can fit in your stomach in one bad session and you might be surprised to see it's not that much more than what you weighed the last time you checked the day before. The very worst case scenario is that you gain that much weight, which is of course not true.

Caveat: The one time this didn't work is after I went out to eat at a Brazilian Churrascaria, I weighed four pounds more than the scale had ever registered in many months!
Old 03-12-09, 09:27 PM
Missbumble 
I'm a Cyclist!

Bikes: Specialized Dolce Elite

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I was all set to condemn you..I was..and then I went out on a work event and had a Kanasas City Steak and dessert. Oh dear!!! I am most liekly not the biggest loser this week.
Old 03-12-09, 09:33 PM
Scummer
Genetics have failed me

Bikes: Norwid Aaland, Radon Slide 140, Elom 505 Titan, Dahon mju, Pedalforce CX1, Battaglin Power+, Old MTB and lots of spare parts

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Don't beat yourself up over it. Keep going in the right direction. Forget the time you had the brownies and get back on track.

I had a huge slice of triple chocolate cake yesterday, but on the same day I jumped back into my normal routine and ended the day with a 60 min. hard workout, a banana and a crunchy granola bar.
So even if you had one slip, don't get distracted or devastated, hop right back on your healthy routine. Quitters never win, and winners never quit.

Thomas
Old 03-13-09, 01:14 AM
SmokedDeathDog

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It is OK to slip up once in a while. That is part of life. What is important is that you get back on the wagon and continue eating healthy and exercising.
Old 03-13-09, 01:43 AM
Mazama
Bikezilla

Bikes: Co-Motion Mazama

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ate a bag of Fritos last Saturday. The next day I ate vegetable soup and a lot of fruit.
Old 03-13-09, 03:55 AM
aenlaasu

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Draw a deep breath and decide to do better.

We all have our little stumbles and worse. It's not the quick stumbles you have to worry so much about. It's those long head-over-heels downhill tumbles. Sounds like a few us are recovering from those thanks to the murky, cold, ice-bound days of winter. I'm one of those that gained back all the weight lost over the summer.
Old 03-13-09, 07:25 AM
baron von trail 

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Missbumble
I was all set to condemn you..I was..and then I went out on a work event and had a Kanasas City Steak and dessert. Oh dear!!! I am most liekly not the biggest loser this week.
That's cute. I must admit it is hard to resist eating the "Big Steak" during those work events. One of my weaknesses as well....And. I'm usually a vegetarian.
Old 03-13-09, 07:54 AM
bbeck

Bikes: 2008 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dont beat your self up get back out and start riding
Old 03-13-09, 12:33 PM
snowman40

Bikes: Fuji

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mmmm....brownies.....

now i want brownies....

do you have someone to help you practice moderation? when I go off and start eating sweets, I ask my girlfriend to bring me a healthy portion and then to hide them from me. That works until I stumble upon them and sit and finish them.

I to have fallen off and had fast food (bk, Carl's, Jack in the Box, MickeyD's), I will be going for a long ride both days this weekend to try and get back on track.
Old 03-13-09, 01:31 PM
baron von trail 

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Well, I have now made it two full weeks at work without going after the high fatty foods. I am sort of happy with myself over that accomplishment because time was, not so long ago, like the last 4 months, when I ate the crap everyday.

So, it's been two solid weeks of eating only the food I bring from home. I am curious to see if my weight will reflect that. But, even if it dies not, I must admit I do feel better.

....am kind of hungry though.
Old 03-13-09, 05:55 PM
Throttled

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Self loathing only helps me run to the refrigerator faster. Put this uglyness behind you. Read a few clydes inspiring posts to help get yourself reinvigarated. Heck just reread a few of your earlier posts, they inspire me.
Old 03-13-09, 06:33 PM
jesspal

Bikes: 2009 BMC SLX01/2016 Santa Cruz Bronson

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
MMMMMMM brownies. I now eat the 100 calorie pack entermans brownies. Not as satisfying as freshly made gooey brownies but at least I can keep track of what goes in easier.
Old 03-13-09, 06:47 PM
petflunky
Senior? Member

Bikes: GMC Topkick mountain bike, Schwinn World Traveler, GMC Denali road bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BearsysRevenge
I ate a whole batch of brownies today in like 4 hours and I haven't ridden in almost a week.

You ought to be upset with yourself. You didn't share with us Just kidding. On the bright side, they are gone now, so you won't be picking at them for the rest of the week.
Old 03-13-09, 07:54 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 781 Post(s)
Liked 1,806 Times in 1,038 Posts
as long as you don't do it everyday, no big deal. Just get back on track tomorrow.

Old 03-13-09, 08:17 PM
DelusionalDude

Bikes: Giant Sedona, vintage unknown. Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo, vintage unknown.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jesspal
I now eat the 100 calorie pack entermans brownies. Not as satisfying as freshly made gooey brownies but at least I can keep track of what goes in easier.
I refuse to buy the 100 calorie snack pack of anything. I tried it once with the 100 calorie pack of Chips Ahoy. My tastebuds, stomach and all sensibilities were insulted.

On the other hand, spinach and artichoke dip, the riblet basket with fries, and the warm Maple Butter Blondie at Applebee's last night far exceeded 100 calories. But, they satisfied the craving, and now, it's on with the show, back on the wagon, or in this case bicycle, and keep going.
Old 03-14-09, 07:30 AM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Bragging again?

Old 03-14-09, 07:39 AM
Neil_B

I've been overweight my whole life. In 2006 I finally lost a significant amount of weight and kept it off. The reason I succeeded this time, and not before? I didn't give up when I fell off the wagon. Don't give up. Never, never, never give up.

Old 03-14-09, 10:33 AM
baron von trail 

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by The Historian
I've been overweight my whole life. In 2006 I finally lost a significant amount of weight and kept it off. The reason I succeeded this time, and not before? I didn't give up when I fell off the wagon. Don't give up. Never, never, never give up.
No truer words spoken.
Old 03-14-09, 10:50 AM
Neil_B

Originally Posted by baron von trail
No truer words spoken.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.