Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Di2 reboot

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-20, 04:08 PM
Chocolatetown27

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Di2 reboot

So, I just received my brand new Canyon Endurance CF SL and the rear derailleur would not operate, likely from the jostling it took during the dozen or so cities it visited coming across country. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this was even a problem so I proceeded to attempt linking my bike via E Tube Project, which asks you to hold down the botton on the Junction box until both the red and green LED lights light up alternately. Holding the button down never produced this scenario. However, holding the button on the Junction box longer than necessary to reset the RD Protection also sends the system into "a different mode". Now I have a very valuable bicycle that does not have a functioning rear derailleur. How to I get back to normal?
Old 11-09-20, 08:40 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts
Check your connections at the front and rear derailleurs..make sure it clicks in. Also since your bike was shipped you should check the connections at both shifters, chances are one pulled out when the bars were taken off and rotated for packing.
Old 11-09-20, 09:46 AM
Chocolatetown27

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Thanks! How do I check the connection at the shifter? I pulled back the hood slightly the other day but it did not look like I was going to be able to see much so I stopped. And, would it perform the RD crash reset if the cable was disconnected?
Old 11-09-20, 10:00 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts
Originally Posted by Chocolatetown27
Thanks! How do I check the connection at the shifter? I pulled back the hood slightly the other day but it did not look like I was going to be able to see much so I stopped. And, would it perform the RD crash reset if the cable was disconnected?
You are going to have to unwrap the bar tape until you can pull the hood covers back and access the wire.
Old 11-09-20, 10:11 AM
Chocolatetown27

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Ok, thanks again! I'll check that out tonight after work.
Old 11-09-20, 01:41 PM
tankist

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 55 Posts
With Canyon bicycles you can try VeloFix to help you with bike problems: https://www.canyon.com/en-us/custome...e/velofix.html
Old 11-09-20, 04:47 PM
August West

Bikes: Domane SLR7 Project One

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 105 Posts
Are you trying to link to the bike with iOS/Android etube mobile app or PC version? If you are using the mobile version your bike must be equipped with the D-fly wireless module. I don't know about Canyon but most bikes do not come with D-fly standard, it must be added. If you can connect to the bike with the PC etube version (use the older v3.5.4 version, the new v4.0.2 has a pretty serious bug) it will scan the system and report back all the components detected. If the RD doesn't show up probably a wire disconnected like the others have mentioned.

Here is another resource with lots of Di2 info.

BetterShifting

Last edited by August West; 11-09-20 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Added Link
Old 11-10-20, 07:13 AM
Chocolatetown27

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
Thanks everyone! It turned out to be a disconnect under the hood. For anyone else who may read this, when you lay the cable for the shifters don't plug them in before you install the bar wrap. If you do so, the bar wrap process has a tendency to tug at the cable as you wrap and in my case, eventually pulling the cable out of its termination. Instead, lay the cable next to the termination with about 1/2" overlap and plug in the cable after you've completed your wrap process.
Likes For Chocolatetown27: