Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Shogun Catalogs?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Shogun Catalogs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-08, 12:24 PM
joychri
joychri

Bikes: 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1979 Raleigh Competition GS, 1987 Shogun 300, 1989 Trek 520, 1995 Gary Fisher Wahoo, 1968 Schwinn Super Sport, 1976 Raleigh Gran Sport, 1971 Raleigh Competition, Gunnar Crosshairs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shogun Catalogs?

Trying to find out a little more information about this now defunct Japanese brand. If anyone has any old catalogs they could post or have seen them posted somewhere on the web I would very much like to see them. I would also be interested in seeing any old articles written about the brand or particluar road models.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Old 02-17-08, 01:19 PM
LWaB

Bikes: Early Cannondale tandem, '99 S&S Frezoni Audax, '65 Moulton Stowaway, '52 Claud Butler, TSR30, Brompton

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Shogun bicycles still exist in Australia but don't know what connection they now have with the Japanese firm. Australian Shoguns in the 80s were basically identical to those sold in North America (e.g. 600-equipped lo-pro Kaze) but production moved to Taiwan (Merida) quite a few years ago. https://www.bicorp.com.au/productbrow...x?category=PGS
Old 02-17-08, 02:04 PM
kpug505

Bikes: Motobecane Mirage fixed gear, Nashbar Alpha Road 5000, Bianchi Grizzly, Coppi Fiorelli, , Schwinn Trike, , GT All Terra, Old Peugeot, Nishiki 3 speed, Bugatti, Cannondale Black Lightning, Dura All, Bianchi Touring, Bridgestone T700 & more

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I would be very interested in any literature as well. I especially loved the line of bikes with the triple triangle design like the old GT's. I have what I suspect is a Shogun Samarai, Katana or Ninja re-branded as a Nashbar Road Alpha 5000. I have seen a few Shoguns pop up on Craigslist that looked identical to my bike including a "funny bike" TT machine. I also love their old headbadges and the red and black color schemes.......One of these days I'll find one. It's on the list!
Old 09-11-23, 06:58 PM
Joesdad

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shogun catalog

I have an early 80s shogun catalog if anyone is interested - no date, but starts at model 3000 with Dura Ace EX and has model 1000 with New 600 EX. Let me know.
Old 09-11-23, 08:38 PM
Insidious C. 

Bikes: One of everything and three of everything French

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 213 Posts
Originally Posted by Joesdad
I have an early 80s shogun catalog if anyone is interested - no date, but starts at model 3000 with Dura Ace EX and has model 1000 with New 600 EX. Let me know.
Very interested! I have searched high and low for catalog info on the 3000. Do you have in mind to post scanned pages?

Edit: I can do the scanning if you don't want to tackle it, and return original to you.

Last edited by Insidious C.; 09-11-23 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-11-23, 11:27 PM
SF Valley

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
I would like a copy of the catalog, please.

I bought a Shogun 1000 and liked it so much, bought a Selectra few weeks later. Would like to know more about them.