Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Hybrid bike (Fitness bike

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Old 04-13-21, 10:53 AM
Geo_Zegarra2016

Bikes: Raleigh 2015 Revenio 1.0, 2021 Canyon Endurace AL Disc 6.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Hello!

I am looking to buy myself a hybrid bike for finishing my bachelor's of Science in Math after a long journey. Went to Community College back in Fall 20114, transfer to a four year and in just 31 days I will be graduating! I will be heading to grad school in August and I can't be proud of myself. Back in June, I had a life-changing moment where I was told two options: Work on a diet or surgery. Now fast forward to now, I've lost so much weight and very active as ever. I started cycling back on December 20-31 and every day I've been getting faster and sometimes I realized that I take fewer water breaks on my bike trainer! The motto that kept me push was, "workout or surgery"

I'm looking for a second bike so I can use it to go outside and explore the town and go beyond other small towns too. I do have a road bike Raleigh Revenio 1.0 (Trainer bike). Can anyone suggest which bike will be good enough for me? The second bike I have is a Walmart mountain bike I bought a long time ago and it's very rusty whichever I try to go out I get scared of falling.
Here are the bikes:
  1. Canyon RoadLite 7.0 (Seems like a really nice bike with everything, 105)
  2. Gaint FastRoad SLFX 4 Disc
  3. Trek FX 4 Disc
  4. Sirrus X 4.0 or 3
I am a 54cm.

My dream road bike is Pinarello Prince (time will tell when I will get this but for now my Raleigh revenue 1.0 is still decent)
Old 04-13-21, 07:57 PM
PDKL45

Bikes: Merida Speeder

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 115 Posts
Do you have access to all of those bikes? It's becoming cliché, but just grab whichever is available to you right now. They're all decent bikes that will be great fitness machines for you and in 2021, the best idea is to get whatever you can; things are tough out there right now.
Likes For PDKL45:
Old 04-15-21, 08:22 AM
flan48

Bikes: Cannondale Quick 2

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by PDKL45
Do you have access to all of those bikes? It's becoming cliché, but just grab whichever is available to you right now. They're all decent bikes that will be great fitness machines for you and in 2021, the best idea is to get whatever you can; things are tough out there right now.
First of all, congratulations on your academic achievement(s). Second, I agree with the above in that your choices are limited at best.

Once again, congrats and
Best regards
Old 04-15-21, 07:16 PM
SEATrek

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
I decided to "grab" a bike that was in stock a couple weeks ago, a 2021 Trek FX5 Sport. No regrets, this is the best bike I've ever ridden. It replaces my 2012 Trek 7.5FX which was too small for me. If I had found the FX6 in stock I'd have bought one of those (better components by a small margin) but am VERY happy with the FX5. I do like having two chainrings in the front and the disc brakes are amazing.
Likes For SEATrek:
Old 04-16-21, 09:26 AM
Midnight Blue

Bikes: 2021 Trek FX Sport 6, 2019 Trek Dual Sport 3

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SEATrek
I decided to "grab" a bike that was in stock a couple weeks ago, a 2021 Trek FX5 Sport. No regrets, this is the best bike I've ever ridden. It replaces my 2012 Trek 7.5FX which was too small for me. If I had found the FX6 in stock I'd have bought one of those (better components by a small margin) but am VERY happy with the FX5. I do like having two chainrings in the front and the disc brakes are amazing.
Same here though the bike I was fortunate to find was the Trek FX Sport 6. Only ridden once so far due to weather but huge step up from my Trek DS3. Get what you can get, supply is not going to get better any time soon and biking season is upon us!
Likes For Midnight Blue:
Old 05-10-21, 10:50 PM
Geo_Zegarra2016

Bikes: Raleigh 2015 Revenio 1.0, 2021 Canyon Endurace AL Disc 6.0

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
I ended up buying Canyon Endurace AL Disc 6.0! So happy.
Likes For Geo_Zegarra2016: