Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

9-20 getting bike fit . Can't wait

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-18, 05:02 PM
rick47601

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I been riding for 20 years . About 5 years ago , I had lower back issues . I got off the road bike . March of this year I joined a gym to get into shape . I'm feeling better loosing weight . Iwas at 235 , today 215 .
A friend got into cycling , he kept hounding me to go all summer . I got a Mountain bike Kona to ride 5 miles or so . I for got how much I like riding ,
I got the rode bike down . Took it in bike shop , got it tuned up .
I can ride 15 to 30 miles . I am having issues riding . Shoulders , hands and back aches little .
I went bike shop they shorten the stem . Now butt hurts can't get comfy .
Now i went and call shop in Louisville Ky. . I'm going to a well respect bike fitter . He says its a private one on one fit . The wife has to stay in bike shop .
I am going get new saddle just because I just want a new one
Rick

I let everyone know how to goes

Rick
Old 09-14-18, 09:20 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
For me it was the best money I ever spent. I hope you have amazing results, good luck! Make sure it includes a follow up fit after you've ridden for a while with the new setup. You'll need it.
Old 09-23-18, 04:41 PM
rick47601

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
9-20-2018 I had my Cannondale road bike professionally fitted by Rick Smith out of Louisville Ky
2 hours fitting , The time sure did go by fast .
He did change few items and replaced my old shoes
1st handles bars to narrow . Which was causing shoulder pain. New wider handle bars
2nd Stem length and degree . He replaced this with shorter stem . My reach is spot on now
3rd . 20 plus year old saddle . Upgrade to selle italia man gel flow saddle to my correct size . This is one comfy seat . He got it installed to the correct position
4th . 20 year old shoes . These new Giro Empire ACC shoes
He found my left knee cycling outwards on my old cycling shoes . He position my new cycling shoe cleats . This help a lot
He adjusted the seat height
Then top it off . Rick Smith installed new handle bar Lizard skin brand wrap . They are like a very soft rubber not cork tape .
This is like a brand new bike and set up for my body
9-23
I took bike out for 24 mile ride . Only issue is my left foot . My small toe , back about 1 inch i have pressure . These shoes insoles have 3 inserts arch that can be installed . I'm going change insert on left shoe less arch insert . Right foot no issue just left foot .
Besides that ,
The saddle amazing comfy
The Handle bars with correct size helped the shoulders . plus the hands feel better with the lizard skin wrap
Now I need to work out the left foot issue I be 100 percent good
Thanks you
Rick

Old 09-23-18, 09:41 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Glad to hear it helped so much. After you've been riding a while, he should give you a check up. Your body will adapt to the new fit which means you will be riding differently than you do now, so it might need a tweak or two. hang on to that sheet for when you get a new bike in the future.