Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Shortest Multi-Day Tour

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Shortest Multi-Day Tour

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-18, 05:14 PM
b_young
Support JDRF

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus, Specialized Roubaix Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
35 miles each way. Overnight camp trip with a friend at a local lake Corp Of Engineers campground. I bought a CHEAP $10 walmart hammock. Basically a large fishnet with boards on the end to help keep it open. Worst night sleep ever. I pulled a homemade wagon with supplies. It was too tall and flipped 3 times on the way. I had to repack it every time. I am so glad it was a short trip and only 1 night. I learned not to be so cheap when trying a new hobby. The only good experience I had that night was it did not rain. That being said I was hooked anyway and the only way to go was up. REI is having a sale on Ortlieb right now. 25% off. So I upgraded to a set that should last a lifetime now.
Old 11-16-18, 11:26 AM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
Hub and spoke style .. go to one place stay there and explore the area.. day rides.

I did this in Ypres Belgium , Forres, Scotland..