Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Bell Dashboard 300 bike computer

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-14, 03:05 PM
jabberwock101

Bikes: Nishiki Linear, Schwinn Le Tour (Chicago '84)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One of the first bike accessories that I decided would be helpful for me was a bike computer. After doing a lot of research I found that I had a few requirements that were required before I would even consider buying a computer. It had to be wired, it had to have an odometer, tripometer, clock, thermometer, speedometer, and a back light. I did not think that these requirements were too extreme, but as it turns out finding a wired computer with a backlight for a reasonable price was a tall order. I work nights and ride mostly at night or early morning, so a backlight is essential to a bike computer's usefulness for me. I have read too many complaints about wireless computers to even consider them. I was about to consider shelling out way more money than I wanted to spend on a bike computer when I stumbled upon the Bell Dashboard 300 at Academy Sports.

The Bell Dashboard 300 has everything that I want in a bike computer and more...and it only cost me about $17. I have been using it for about a week now and could not be happier. It was easy to set up and adjust and, once I got used to the settings, easy to use. The backlight works well and allows me to use the computer no matter when I head out. The computer has made it easier to plan out my rides and will help me to know when I can ramp up my distances and speeds. I'm hoping to start commuting soon, so knowing how fast and far I can comfortably ride is really helpful.

I know that Bell is not usually held up as a paragon of quality, but in this case they did an excellent job and I would recommend this model computer to anyone looking for an inexpensive wired bike computer (this model is not to be confused with the Bell Console 300, which is the wireless version).