Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Looking for a front derailer

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-21, 08:02 PM
ZWoll

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a 2008 specialized enduro comp sl and the front derailer is missing.

I bought the bike used and the guy said it was broken so he removed it.

The original one is the shimano m581 lx. I tried looking around but I can’t find anywheres to buy it.

I am am wondering if there would be a similar one of the same quality that I could get instead or maybe I could update my whole drive train to a 1x12. I think at the moment I have a 2x7(would have to double check, might be a 2x9) but since the front derailer is missing you have to manually switch the front gear if you want a different adjustment.

Would there be an advantage of going to a 1x12 and would it even work for the setup I have.

My setup
-2008 specialized enduro comp sl.
(would’ve posted a link but I have less then 10 posts. But I quick google search of this should get you there in a minute)

This is the bike I have. The only difference is my front suspension is the Marzochi bomber 66VF and I have a new set of hydraulic brakes.
Old 04-06-21, 10:00 PM
2cam16

Bikes: TRIMMED DOWN THE HERD

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1092 Post(s)
Liked 936 Times in 601 Posts
I did a quick search for fd-m581 and there are a few on EBay.