Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

I am in a dilemma

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

I am in a dilemma

Old 08-24-20, 04:29 PM
BczrBnc84

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am in a dilemma

I am in a dilemma, because recently started saving up for a new bike, but the thing is, I don't really know which direction should I go. I have been cycling for a couple of years now, and I've been wheeling for 2. I am really into wheeling and doing tricks and I really like SE bikes, street trials, freeride bikes and BMX and I don't know which one to choose. The thing is I live in Hungary and Hungary's flattest region, so I don't really have mountains or hills near me,(I live in a small city/big town) but we do have a small skate park and plenty of backroads. So if anyone has a opinion or a suggestion thanks in advance.
Old 08-25-20, 06:25 AM
Viich
Hack

Bikes: TrueNorth CX bike, 88 Bianchi Strada (currently Sturmey'd), 90's Giant Innova (now with drop bars), Yess World Cup race BMX, Redline Proline Pro24 race BMX Cruiser

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 129 Posts
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by 'wheeling'.

SE Bikes make great BMX, and some 'big wheel' 26" and fat tire BMX crosses that are kind of interesting. Buy a bike to do the riding you want. If that changes, then get another bike.
Old 08-26-20, 02:08 PM
Bikerider007

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
If you are older. SE 26/29 are the bike boom bike to get. Wheelie bikes. If you are younger (or still wild/conditioned), get a 20' new school bmx. You can ride the park and still do most flatland.

Last edited by Bikerider007; 08-26-20 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-04-20, 12:48 PM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,269 Times in 1,439 Posts
Within reason, you can do anything on any bike, but since you like tricks and wheelies, BMX would probably be the direction to focus on. Maybe a 24" BMX cruiser -- they are nimble enough for tricks, but the the bigger wheels will allow you to travel beyond the skatepark. 26" and 29" cruisers are better for distance, but not as well-suited for tricks beyond wheelies, manuals, and front endos.
Old 11-06-20, 07:18 PM
Gooters

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
what did you go with?