Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Specialized dealer says no Sirrus in 2021

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-21, 11:08 AM
ps249

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Sirrus Elite Carbon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

I just got off the phone with my local Specialized dealer. He says no Sirrus shipments in 2021. What a bummer! I am located in mid Michigan.
Old 02-01-21, 10:27 PM
LazyMike

Bikes: 2006 Cannondale Synapse, 2019 Specialized Sirrus Sport

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ps249
I just got off the phone with my local Specialized dealer. He says no Sirrus shipments in 2021. What a bummer! I am located in mid Michigan.
Judging by the Sirrus stock in the Cleveland area, I'd say your dealer is correct.
Old 02-02-21, 09:43 AM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Specialize Shop south and East of me in VA, have most of their Specialized bikes back ordered. Boy did I get an earful when calling to ask about it a month ago. Was told that Specialized has customers whom put money down on nearly all of the 2021's and the shops are starting to take names down for when 2022's come out later this year.

What's interesting is other brands don't seem to be having this difficulty. I had no problem with driving to an LBS to buy another Scott bike. Was told that a shop across from the Specialized lbs, had Giant bikes in stock.

Might be better to look at other brands since from what I see Specialized and Trek are going to be out of stock for rest of this year.
Old 02-02-21, 02:33 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked 759 Times in 568 Posts
travbikeman do you know who makes frames for Scott? I can understand Giant having more control over their inventory, since they own much of the supply chain (at least for the frame and other proprietary parts). I wonder if Scott does also, for its bikes.
Old 02-02-21, 03:18 PM
ARider2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 151 Times in 105 Posts
It depends on the category of bike but the OP is looking for a type of bike that is very popular. All major bike manufacturers are almost completely sold out of hybrids for the 2021 model year. Other categories as well. Forget about finding a 2021 gravel bike. One might get lucky to find a 2021 but best advice is to be willing to compromise as choices are extremely limited.
Old 02-02-21, 07:43 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
travbikeman do you know who makes frames for Scott? I can understand Giant having more control over their inventory, since they own much of the supply chain (at least for the frame and other proprietary parts). I wonder if Scott does also, for its bikes.
From doing a quick search, I confirmed they are built by Giant in Taiwan. Honestly, I'm not sure how much control Scott Bikes really has anymore. I could end up going back up to the LBS in a month or so and find out they have no inventory.

BUT, when I did buy my Aspect, the guys at the LBS did tell me that this was it for any mountain bikes produced by Scott that are under $1000. The LBS was disappointed in this and told me they are adding the brand Haro to offer bikes under the $1000.
Old 02-08-21, 01:59 AM
PDKL45

Bikes: Merida Speeder

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 115 Posts
Merida, who hold a 49% stake in Specialized and who make Specialized frames etc., also seemingly skipped making the Crossway Urban for the 2021 model line up. It looks like supply will be patchy for a while yet, probably into 2022? Maybe look at a Trek FX, a Giant Fastroad or a Merida Speeder (outside of North America) instead of a Sirrus?
Old 02-21-21, 09:49 AM
justbob

Bikes: Specialized Sirrus x 4, Specialized Tricross Sport (sold)

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I have been waiting, with other's, to purchase a Sirrus X bike for several months. I located one 90 miles away from my location back in December 2020 and drove there to check it out. It was a large and before trying out reached out to other's owning a Sirrus with similar height to me and they recommended I would be happier with a medium. I liked the Sirrus and anchored on their waiting list for a X4 but mentioned would also buy a X5 it one showed up first. I personally do not believe needing a X5. They told me no point accepting a deposit and tying up my funds as they did not know when one would show up.

In the mean time I kept looking and reading. I actually located several out of state mostly on the west coast but store pickup only. I finally started reaching out with email to larger market areas, I'm located in eastern NC. This past Monday, 02/15/2021, I emailed a shop in the Richmond Virginia area and within several hours received a reply they had one in another shop outside Richmond! So, I used their contact email with the other shop and confirmed. They mentioned received it several days ago. The bike is this one https://www.specialized.com/us/en/si...ext=92421-5200

So, I put a down payment for the full amount and picked up the bike Saturday 02/20/2021. I drove 180 miles one way to pickup.

Anyway, just wanted to let other's know it's not impossible even though it may seem that way.
Old 02-21-21, 06:04 PM
timgriffin2

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Sirrus 3.0

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 32 Posts
Not me but I saw this on the local Craigslist in case anyone is near central Florida and looking

https://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/bik...279980358.html
Old 04-13-21, 01:13 PM
Geo_Zegarra2016

Bikes: Raleigh 2015 Revenio 1.0, 2021 Canyon Endurace AL Disc 6.0

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ARider2
It depends on the category of bike but the OP is looking for a type of bike that is very popular. All major bike manufacturers are almost completely sold out of hybrids for the 2021 model year. Other categories as well. Forget about finding a 2021 gravel bike. One might get lucky to find a 2021 but best advice is to be willing to compromise as choices are extremely limited.
What about Canyon hybrid?