Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Cannondale quick 2....Specialized Sirrus 4...or Trek fx disc 3 or 4

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-21, 05:58 AM
waxcrazy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts

I am looking to get back into the game but most stores got a wait deposit list..64 but time for a comfortable bike..Want the upright comfort but don't want a snail either..Will be road riding only and will eventually be up to 60 miles or so at a clip...Any input much appreciated!...Thankz
Old 03-18-21, 06:00 AM
waxcrazy

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 8 Posts
I guess my next question is why did this post with lines through everything...lol....Definitely a newbie 🤔
Old 03-18-21, 06:44 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked 759 Times in 568 Posts
Unfortunately, bicycle comfort is so subjective and personal, that you really need to try a few bikes to see what you like. Some people are more comfortable when leaned forward, on a longer, lower bike with a longer reach. Some people are more comfortable when seated more upright with a shorter reach. Fortunately, you can tune the fit of a particular bike to your liking after you buy it and start riding it. Any of the choices you've listed will be good bikes. The components bolted to the bikes are commodity items and are generally the same or similar on each bike brand. As long as you're shopping in a given price range, you should find a similar value in different brands. Choose based on bike shop (which shop you prefer), style and color, and...right now...availability.

Two other brands and models to add to your list: Giant Escape and Jamis Coda. The Giant Escape is an aluminum-framed bike similar to the Quick, Sirrus, and FX. The Coda is a steel-framed bike in the same category. Unlike the steel frame on a Huffy, however, the Coda's frame uses high quality Reynolds steel and will have a weight similar to the aluminum-framed options you're considering. One factor in the Coda's favor may be (and I said may) some additional compliance as you ride. Due to the nature of the material, the tubing in steel frames is often a bit thinner and smaller diameter than the tubing in aluminum frames and this can help mitigate some of the impact harshness of rough roads or high pressure tires. Note all the words in italic font -- this is because there are no givens and there are a lot of factors in frame design and tuning. But steel frames often have a pleasant ride quality to them that may interest you.
Old 03-18-21, 10:43 AM
cordawg92

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in a similar position so I'm curious to see what others think. I am leaning towards the FX 3 disc.
Old 03-18-21, 12:09 PM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 697 Times in 435 Posts
Any of those bikes will go as far/fast as your fitness dictates. Which will be the easiest to ride?-The one that fits you best. Which will fit best? Hard to tell: not a lot to add from my response to your orig post, I know. But it's true. I have ridden the Trek FX and knows it works for me, but a different make might feel much better to you.
Orig post and my reply: Help on buying a bike( unseen in these times) - Bike Forums