Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

My missed brush with cycling greatness

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-06, 10:26 PM
savage24

Bikes: Performance mountain bike, Giant Cypress LX hybrid, Surly Long Haul Trucker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I work for a large investment (primarily mutual funds) company in Kansas City. We had a big announcement today at a company wide meeting. The announcement has been a big mystery for a couple of weeks. I work in facilities, so I knew there was going to be a VERY LARGE banner unfurled on the side of one of our buildings, and was involved with the contractor hanging the banner to a slight degree. Well, since I work nights, I went home and went to bed, telling myself "whatever it is, I'll read about it tonight when I get to work.

Now, I'm not the type of person to get all giddy about celebrity appearances, but I'd be lieing if I said I was not dissappointed that I missed out on being in the same room with him....Damn, just DAMN!!!

https://www.thekansascitychannel.com/...06/detail.html

Thanks for letting me whine about it here!
Old 02-09-06, 10:33 PM
Fat Boy Biker
Spinone Italiano

Bikes: 2000 Gary Fisher Marlin, 2006 Scattante CFR (the 2002 Bianchi Giro found a new home)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That sucks. They should have set up a special email for cyclists. You know if you rode your bike in to work on a certain day you could have been on the list to receive a "Top Secret" email about the "Man" coming to town. Maybe you'll get a chance in the future.

Steve
-when I look up on a star...
Old 02-09-06, 10:44 PM
savage24

Bikes: Performance mountain bike, Giant Cypress LX hybrid, Surly Long Haul Trucker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I understand why they would not tell me about it ahead of time, but I actually talked to a friend who was 'in the loop' this morning before I left work. He said "Of all the people in our department, I think you will be the most impressed by it." I wish he would have said "Look, I can't tell you what it is, but you should stay for the meeting. Don't be mad at me if you go home and miss it." I'll have a few words for him the next time I see him!
Old 02-10-06, 06:18 AM
Wheels4

Bikes: Cannondale, Trek, Cervelo and Santana

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 14 Posts
I'm not one to be star struck either... but, I think I would be alittle dissappointed with not getting to meet him when he was that close to my work.

just drop an elbow on that co-worker for not letting you in on the secret. lol