Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Rideout Tech Saddles - Anyone tried them?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-14, 08:39 PM
BG94

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a saddle from Rideout tech for my road bike. Any opinions are most welcome.

RideOut Technologies ? The Most Comfortable Bike Seat for Pain Free Biking

Thank you,
BG
Old 11-25-14, 10:24 PM
Clipped_in
Rubber side down

Bikes: are fun! :-)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 105 Posts
Designed for casual cruising on a hybrid. IMO this would be a much better choice for a comfortable road bike saddle: Kontact Saddle
Old 11-25-14, 11:06 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 3901 Post(s)
Liked 1,951 Times in 1,392 Posts
One of the most common issues people have with their bikes is dealing with a hard and unforgiving seat.
???

Actually, one of the most common saddle issues is having too soft a saddle. The more you sink into a saddle, the larger is the quantity of tissue with reduced blood supply, which is the major source of discomfort for most new riders. These look like pretty soft saddles. The manufacturer which seems to have the widest success rate with roadies is Specialized. Most LBS which are Specialized dealers have a buy-and-return policy so you can try saddles until you find one which works for you. The way to condition your butt to a saddle is to ride for a short period almost every day.
Old 11-26-14, 06:59 AM
BG94

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you.
Old 11-26-14, 07:35 AM
bbattle

Bikes: 2014 Trek Domane 5.2, 1985 Pinarello Treviso, 1990 Gardin Shred, 2006 Bianchi San Jose

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
???

Actually, one of the most common saddle issues is having too soft a saddle. The more you sink into a saddle, the larger is the quantity of tissue with reduced blood supply, which is the major source of discomfort for most new riders. These look like pretty soft saddles. The manufacturer which seems to have the widest success rate with roadies is Specialized. Most LBS which are Specialized dealers have a buy-and-return policy so you can try saddles until you find one which works for you. The way to condition your butt to a saddle is to ride for a short period almost every day.
+1 Brooks saddles are hard as rocks when new and yet are very comfortable saddles for a lot of riders.

Saddle info for beginners: Saddle Sore?

A Comfortable Bicycle Saddle

I've got these saddles: Selle Italia SMP Evolution, Brooks B-17, Selle San Marco Concor, Unicanitor, Selle San Marco Regal, and whatever stock saddle is on my Bianchi San Jose.

Old 11-26-14, 08:33 AM
BG94

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for the articles/links.
Old 11-26-14, 08:52 AM
loimpact

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Supersix Evo 3; 2014 Cannondale Quick 4; 2014 Cannondale Crash 4 hi-mod

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Clipped_in
Designed for casual cruising on a hybrid. IMO this would be a much better choice for a comfortable road bike saddle: Kontact Saddle
I like what I read there. I wish they made more than just a 133mm width. Despite the flatter posterior saddle portion, I suspect it would behoove them to offer at least a 145mm width also & gain even more customers.
Old 11-26-14, 09:16 AM
Clipped_in
Rubber side down

Bikes: are fun! :-)

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 225 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by loimpact
I like what I read there. I wish they made more than just a 133mm width. Despite the flatter posterior saddle portion, I suspect it would behoove them to offer at least a 145mm width also & gain even more customers.
It may get more customers, but it would just be surplus material that wouldn't contribute anything to performance. The way the saddle, when properly positioned, puts you on your "sit bones" there is simply no need for additional width.

BTW, it is made with a sturdy leather cover so it does take a little break-in. For me about 1 week or ~200 miles.
Old 11-27-14, 08:29 AM
BG94

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My current saddle is 130mm and it's too narrow for me so I don't think the Kontact will work.
Old 06-13-18, 04:28 PM
NWBikerGirl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have tried this seat and rode it on a circumnavigation of the North Island of New Zealand. I found it to be very comfortable and there was no chaffing and tail bone pain like I used to get. It is not really a soft seat, you just don't get uncomfortable.
Old 06-13-18, 04:33 PM
NWBikerGirl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought my husband a Challenger Mountain bike seat by RideOut and he is very happy with it. He is not really an very aggressive rider. But mostly due to work he only rides on the weekend and he likes the seat.