Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Hello Deciding On Bike....

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Hello Deciding On Bike....

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-16, 12:20 PM
dmmoroney

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Deciding On Bike....

Hi everyone. I'm looking for some advice as I know nothing about bikes. I'm looking at the following 3 bikes, and also the Giant Sedona. Any help would be greatly appreciated:

Save up to 60% off new Hybrid Bicycles | Adventure Hybrid 29er Bikes Elite Adventure Sport Trail

Save up to 60% off Hybrid Bikes - MTB - Fuji Sunfire 3.0 Hybrid City Trekking Adventure Bikes

Fuji Traverse 1.8 Sport Hybrid - 2016 Limited Edition

I'm looking for the most bang for my buck. I'll be mostly on paved roads, but I may want to go on a trail here and there as well.

Thank you in advance!
Old 06-09-16, 01:10 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
If your going to do paved roads, you may not want suspension. Depending on what trails you go on, suspension is really a personal choice, depending on how often you really use or need it. If you do decide on bike with suspension, get one with a lockout. There are many on these forums that don't have the lockout and really don't care for the bouncing that could occur on the pavement.

Seems like you are trying to keep to $400 as a bike limit. You will get a better bang for the buck on a bike without suspension. Giant Escape, Plenty of Fuji, GT's at Performance Bikes.

Last edited by travbikeman; 06-09-16 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-09-16, 01:21 PM
dmmoroney

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks so much for the response! So you're saying that the 3 bikes I posted links for would not be good for me? What about the Giant Sedona? I may go on trails occasionally, so perhaps the susepnsion would be ok, so long as it has a lockout?
Old 06-09-16, 01:49 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by dmmoroney
Thanks so much for the response! So you're saying that the 3 bikes I posted links for would not be good for me? What about the Giant Sedona? I may go on trails occasionally, so perhaps the susepnsion would be ok, so long as it has a lockout?
Yea, if you really want the suspension, the lockout is nice for when you don't need it.

I don't own the Sedona, but others on this site have said great things about it. I would really suggest going to the LBS and testing the bikes before making any real decisions.
Test riding will give you a sense on what you would like. Rather than hearing on what we all would like. Each one of us have different opinions and wants. Go find out what yours are!

Happy shopping!