Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on Trek fx1 2019 (?)

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-23, 05:42 PM
jimothyjames
:)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hey folks,

I’m looking for thoughts/opinions on what I believe to be a 2019 fx1. Price is $200 and like new. I’m just looking to ride on paved pathways and would like to get back into riding.

Old 05-20-23, 06:42 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
It looks like it's in very nice condition, and I'd say two hundred dollars is a good price for it. I'd make sure the wheels spin true (straight) and the tires hold air and all of that good stuff. The consumables (like cables and chain and freewheel) are probably new enough still to not need replacing.

It looks like a small frame (maybe 15" or 17"?), so would likely be best for someone with short or medium height (probably less than 5'10" or so). Bike fit is very personal, so there are few absolutes in this area -- just make sure you're comfortable on it before purchase.
Likes For hokiefyd:
Old 05-20-23, 07:58 PM
jimothyjames

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
It looks like it's in very nice condition, and I'd say two hundred dollars is a good price for it. I'd make sure the wheels spin true (straight) and the tires hold air and all of that good stuff. The consumables (like cables and chain and freewheel) are probably new enough still to not need replacing.

It looks like a small frame (maybe 15" or 17"?), so would likely be best for someone with short or medium height (probably less than 5'10" or so). Bike fit is very personal, so there are few absolutes in this area -- just make sure you're comfortable on it before purchase.
thank you for the response! I’m 5’8” and the frame is 17.5” so I’m thinking it’ll be a good fit but of course I want to ride it first before I make any decisions. I’m wondering if I should hold out on the Fb market place for an fx 7.3 or better but this seems like a good price and great quality for what it is
Old 05-21-23, 06:35 AM
hokiefyd 

I think it'll be ideal for your stated use and goals. The 3x7 drivetrain is very versatile and has a lot of gearing range, and the rim brakes will stop the bike smoothly and without effort. I have a couple of bikes with disc brakes and nicer drivetrains, but two of my favorites are '90s hybrids with basic 3x drivetrains and rim brakes with good pads. They just work well.
Old 05-21-23, 03:15 PM
jimothyjames

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks for the input! Much appreciated. I picked up the bike today after making sure everything with it checked out + that it would fit me well and all I can say is… I’m in love! Took it on my first ride and I’m very pleased with it. Here are some pictures of my cat checking it out.

Likes For jimothyjames:
Old 05-21-23, 06:10 PM
hokiefyd 

New bike day! Congratulations on your purchase. I think you got a great buy...and I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many, many years.