Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Which Giant Cypress is This?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-23, 04:16 PM
RoadWearier

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 75 Posts

I'm going to look at this bike tomorrow. No info from the seller. No front suspension (yay!). Looks like rapid fire shifters although hard to see. Suspension seat post (boo). Adjustable stem which Id like to try since flat bars make my hands go numb. This isn't exactly what I wanted but it will do until I find something better. It's only $110 so I'm pretty sure I could sell for that.

Can anyone tell me which iteration this is? 1 or 2 or 3? DX? ST?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/643365060903343/?mibextid=dXMIcH

Last edited by RoadWearier; 05-09-23 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-13-23, 07:23 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
I'm not sure which model it is, but it does look like it has SRAM or Microshift twist shifters. The cable routing looks pretty poor in the cockpit area, so I imagine any odd brake or shift behavior on a test drive would be pretty easily worked through with a tune up when you get it home.

It looks like you were due to look at it a few days ago; did you buy it?
Old 05-17-23, 07:22 PM
RoadWearier

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
I'm not sure which model it is, but it does look like it has SRAM or Microshift twist shifters. The cable routing looks pretty poor in the cockpit area, so I imagine any odd brake or shift behavior on a test drive would be pretty easily worked through with a tune up when you get it home.

It looks like you were due to look at it a few days ago; did you buy it?
Thanks for the info. I haven't had a chance as I've been out of town . And work has picked up. They said they would take $110 for it. I wonder if that's overpaying. I'm going to try to get up there next week.
Old 05-18-23, 08:48 AM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked 762 Times in 570 Posts
I think $110 is probably a fair price if the bike fits you and you're comfortable riding it. Know that you'll probably need to put some money into it to get it just the way you want. Perhaps the inner cables are gummy and need replacing, etc. It's hard to tell, but the brake noodles look like they may be rusted (a common issue). I think you could put another $50-60 into it to really bring it up back to new condition (if that kind of thing is important to you). The brake pads are probably original and weather-hardened so those could probably be replaced. Maybe you want nicer tires on it (either more puncture resistant or more supple). On the other hand, it's probably very ridable just as it sits also...what you might need to put into it after purchase will all depend on what you want from it.

I think it looks like a nice bike. Remember, the most important thing is a good fit and that you're comfortable with how it feels to ride.