Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Suggestion, request or desperate plea

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-18, 02:24 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts

As far as the recent format changes go, I think I can get used to most all of them. EXCEPT..................

please put the date of the original posting back on the page where we view just the thread titles in each sub-forum. I very much like to know ahead of time what the OP date was to help weed out if I'm even interested in the conversation that might be going on.

If you add this as a feature for a paid membership, then I'll be your next new subscriber. But others are going to think bad of you for doing that for money.
Old 05-07-18, 06:44 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
I know what you are saying, but are you telling me you aren't interested even if the thread is pertinent again?

What about 5 killed in Kalamazoo?

There are other sites not owned by IB that simply churn thread up on a regular basis to promote comments...

I guess this is really killing people or it wouldn't be the most frequent thing mentioned in this forum. Who knew?

Get to work, Team IB.
Old 05-07-18, 07:00 PM
Charles Wahl
Disraeli Gears

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
As far as the recent format changes go, I think I can get used to most all of them. EXCEPT..................

please put the date of the original posting back on the page where we view just the thread titles in each sub-forum. I very much like to know ahead of time what the OP date was to help weed out if I'm even interested in the conversation that might be going on.
I, and quite a few people who frequent the Classic & Vintage subforum, feel exactly the same way. It would be nice to have some commitment to make this happen.
Old 05-08-18, 09:31 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Originally Posted by Rollfast
I know what you are saying, but are you telling me you aren't interested even if the thread is pertinent again?

There are other sites not owned by IB that simply churn thread up on a regular basis to promote comments...

I guess this is really killing people or it wouldn't be the most frequent thing mentioned in this forum. Who knew?

Get to work, Team IB.
No you are imagining things about what I'm saying. It's just one of several things I'd like to know before I go into a thread. If I see an old date on the thread, then I know I need to check the OP and see what it's about as I may never have read it. If it is a more recent date, then I can just go to the last post and scan back a few to ensure it is a thread I'm familiar with.

As threads here can become many pages long very shortly, it's very helpful to me. I consider this a very high traffic site. I don't know why BF would think it needs to "churn up" old threads. But certainly they don't have to tell me. If that churning is related to revenue from advertising, I can understand that from a business perspective. If they'd tell me that is so, but if I get a paid subscription that they won't churn, that too will add to my incentive for a paid subscription.

But still... why not display the op date? I find it useful. I think others do too.

I don't understand if you are trying to make a relevant point or start a new topic.
Old 05-09-18, 02:14 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
No, but if you just go to the first unread thread?

If you don't clear your cookies that can work.

You can still mark a forum as read, no?

You can also change your settings to get daily or instant (that's probably a bit much) notifications.

It might overwhelm your inbox, or even trigger your email provider's junk filter, so you have to watch that (and it does happen, Outlook.com webmail does it to me).
Old 05-09-18, 03:27 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Originally Posted by Rollfast
No, but if you just go to the first unread thread?
I don't have time to read every thread that has unread posts.
If you don't clear your cookies that can work.
How. What will clearing cookies do toward assisting me?
You can still mark a forum as read, no?
I do, every sub-forum I finish with for a viewing session I mark all as read. But......... as I keep mentioning, this is a very high traffic forum for me, or at least the sub-forums I frequent. They get more posts and new threads per day than I'd ever try to read so some have to be ignored.
You can also change your settings to get daily or instant (that's probably a bit much) notifications.
What's notifications got to do with it. I really prefer none. I generally come here daily. So I'll see the threads I've replied in.
It might overwhelm your inbox, or even trigger your email provider's junk filter, so you have to watch that (and it does happen, Outlook.com webmail does it to me).
Exactly, that's why I have most of the notifications turned off. Notification will have nothing to do with my desire to see the OP date in the thread listing.
Old 05-09-18, 04:02 PM
IBobi
***RETIRED*** Do Not Contact

Bikes: 2010 Gary Fisher Marlin Disc

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
Hi all, we are already working to get the posting date added back in. It is a core bug that left it out so it might be a while. But hopefully on the next patch we can take care of this.
Old 05-10-18, 05:46 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Thanks for the info @IBobi. I can be patient now.