Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Thudbuster on Graveler

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-18, 02:13 PM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Thudbuster on Graveler

OK,
So I just realized that my Thudbuster that sits quietly on my now never used Gary Fisher mayfit on my Mongoose super 26 inch gravelgoose supreme....anyone using suspension on their gravel machine??
Old 04-24-18, 02:13 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
You need peer support to try stuff you already own? IDK if it will fit, as you don't offer numbers...

I have a LT on my Bike Friday pocket Llama (20" wheel go anywhere bike) and a ST fits on my Koga WTR,
as a 26" wheel world tour bike, I have no reason to quit once I come to the end of a paved road, *except for the Log Trucks)

Though here, I'm about to throw the panniers on Empty and go grocery shopping ... and have some tacos on the way back.

both are 27.2mm with a machined shim sleeve to fit into larger frame seat-tubing.

Last edited by fietsbob; 04-24-18 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-24-18, 02:14 PM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
I love it.

I tend to ride shorter pavement rides on a light stiff seat and "flexible" absorbing carbon seat post.

When doing a longer gravel grind, it is the thudbuster (ST) and brooks saddle. All day comfort. I have been using it with a stiff aluminum frame, but with reasonable tire pressure and the thudbuster - even this stiff frame is cush. I rather like the responsiveness of a stiff frame and some saddle cushion.
Old 05-11-18, 07:17 AM
gorillimo

Bikes: Surly Cross Check, Specialized Enduro Pro, Lemond Tourmalet

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 192 Times in 94 Posts
Was thinking of trying that combo on my Trek Marlin. Didn’t want the excess of fs, but I’d like to ease up the ride a bit. I’ll have to go seat post shopping.
Old 05-11-18, 11:38 AM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
the short throw works great on gravel - I've used it on some pretty stiff frames to make a nice smooth rolling ride.
Old 05-11-18, 12:27 PM
kk7x

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I really like the ST addition to my Haanjo Trail. Combined with the Shockstop stem, they took the pain away from a lot of the smaller bumps.