Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Canyon Roadlite AL SL 8.0 or Cannondale Quick Disc 1

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Canyon Roadlite AL SL 8.0 or Cannondale Quick Disc 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-18, 12:21 PM
DRO4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Canyon Roadlite AL SL 8.0 or Cannondale Quick Disc 1

I'm looking forward to purchase my first hybrid/fitness bike soon. I am decided on these particular models, though I have others in mind as well

Canyon Roadlite AL SL 8.0 and Cannondale Quick Disc 1

I am unable to post links yet (under 10 posts).

Other candidates would be some european brands, maybe less known

Centurion Speed Drive 2000 and Merida Speeder 900

They all share more or less the same features and pricing range. (I am looking at under 1,500 EUR)

Which one should I go for ? I am decided on Canyon so far.

Thank you
Old 05-21-18, 06:24 AM
X_Vector

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you are (so to speak) and have been looking at a number of brands and types available in my region (north western part of the Netherlands).
The big issue I'm dealing with is the lack of faster hybrid models stocked in the bike shops in my area, so I'd suggest trying to find out if you can get a test ride on one or more hybrids to get a feel for important aspects such as fit, geometry and smoothness/vibration absorption.
I don't think this is possible with the Canyon, as it's a direct sale company.

As far as Merida goes, it seems to me that the Speeder 900 offers relatively little over the 500, which seems the higher value regarding price vs specs.
In my country pricing is €1349 and €1149 respectively and the only differences I see are the crank set/bottom bracket (Shimano vs FSA) and the tyres.
My personal favourite in Merida's line-up is the Shimano 105 equipped 400 model in copper colour; I wish I could find a Speeder in the flesh to try one, if for sizing purposes only.

Other brands/types I'm looking at and may be available to you: Trek FX Sports 4, Specialized Sirrus Elite, Cube SL Road Race, Giant Fastroad SLR 1, BMC Alpenchallenge 02 Two/Three.
Trek, Cube and Giant are the only ones I've seen on display, while the Merida and BMC are the ones I find most interesting.
The latter brand in particular seem to have substantial availability issues, though.
The Cannondale Quick 1 Disc seems a bit expensive for the specs on offer (€1249 over here), the Cubes are well specced but suffer from an intensely boring stealth black paint job (except for the SL Road SL, which is €1499).