Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Nuovo Racing 1982??

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-20, 11:44 AM
Jackweed

Bikes: Surly Steamroller, Surly Straggler, Surly 1x1, Trek Y-Foil66, Salsa Timberjack, handful of other projects

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I picked up an absolutely pristine Bianchi Nuovo Racing off of CL yesterday. It may have been ridden a couple of times max. The original Clement tires show ZERO wear and the rims are barley scuffed at all. I'm not a Bianchi person... this is actually my first one. In doing online research I cannot find the exact bike, can anyone tell me about this square head badge? Thanks!

Old 04-11-20, 11:50 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
I believe it is actually a rectangle with a Bianchi logo in it I haven't seen that particular head badge but I might check in the Classics and Vintage section as they might know more. If you provide more pictures of the frame it might help identify it.
Old 04-11-20, 11:52 AM
Jackweed

Bikes: Surly Steamroller, Surly Straggler, Surly 1x1, Trek Y-Foil66, Salsa Timberjack, handful of other projects

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
adding a few more pics. Haven't even dusted this thing yet! it's the cleanest vintage bike I've ever purchased.
​​​​​​​

Old 04-11-20, 11:56 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Post it in the c&v section. There are plenty of Bianchi aficionados over there to help.
Old 04-11-20, 11:59 AM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
MMMMMmmmmm...Nuevo Record, molto bene! That stem however is massive before you ride it make sure you check and make sure it is not above the minimum insertion line. I would check over the whole bike anyway and pull everything and re-grease right away so at least you know you aren't the cause of seized parts.

Here is a little info on Bianchi head badges amongst others:
VeloBase.com - Head Badge Gallery
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 04-11-20, 12:19 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
Add pictures of tubing stickers, Bottom Bracket shell & seat stay, top-tube area.

"... I cannot find the exact bike,..."

It was common to buy a frame, then build it up with parts to suit the rider. Wheels were often custom built too.

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html
Likes For Homebrew01:
Old 04-11-20, 03:18 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,925 Times in 1,491 Posts
Great looking Bianchi. How about a little more information. What brand and model are the brakes? Headset? Cranks? Hubs?

Originally Posted by Jackweed
adding a few more pics. Haven't even dusted this thing yet! it's the cleanest vintage bike I've ever purchased.
​​​​​​​

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 11-04-22, 10:22 PM
Surrviivor

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's a 1981 . Rare badge I have the same bike I bought new.
I'm old gonna list it online
Old 11-07-22, 02:57 PM
63rickert

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 247 Posts
The picture is less than clear. It does look like a Campagnolo seatpost. They were not long MTB posts. They didn't do minimum insertion marks because who rode Campagnolo was expected to know without being told. Pull the post, measure 7cm and that is your minimum insertion. Do not ride as shown.

Adding to what veganbikes is saying, you do not want the stem expander tightening in the threaded part of steerer column. It must be lower than that. And should also have 7cm inside frame.

It is already a very large frame. Are you that tall?