Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Lemond -Columbus - Info Needed

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-06, 06:06 PM
sii

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have just bought an older Lemond which looks identical to this. https://grahamwatson.com/dublin/lemond/image5.html

It is columbus tubing and I think a 1990. It has "Z" decals all over it, which im guessing refer to Lemonds Z team?? The seat stay brace has "Hand Made engraved into it on one side and Greg Lemond's signiture engraved on the other. Under the bottom bracket the is a "C" next to the frame size. The only other hint as to the bike model is that there is a "Ventoux" decal on one chain stay.

Its a light weight bike for its age and rides a real dream. Is this a Z Team bike - the same as in the picture, or did Lemond make up some cheaper replicas after his last Tour victory?

I love the bike regardless of its pedigree, but would really love to know what it is im riding. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. P.S - I have seen an earlier post on this forum regarding a Lemond TSX.
Old 02-04-20, 05:44 AM
Marco 0331
Marco 0331

Bikes: Cannondale

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Greg Lemond Ventoux

Yo también tengo una bicicleta Greg Lemond Ventoux y me gustaría saber más información
sin duda lo más destacado es la pintura con aerógrafo
aun no puedo postear fotografías
Saludos

Last edited by Marco 0331; 02-04-20 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Necesito información sobre bicicleta de carreras Greg Lemond Ventoux