Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

ACA National Bike Travel Weekend

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Old 01-24-17, 07:06 AM
dannwilliams
Its only pain

Bikes: '18 Salsa Marrakesh, '14 Salsa Colossal, '89 GT Timberline

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Just received my Adventure Cyclist Magazine yesterday! I love reading it every time it arrives. Saw the ad for this years National Bike Travel Weekend and that got me pumped! I did it last year with my sister and another fellow who joined. We rode 40 miles to a State Forest and camped, had a Mexican Buffet for dinner and rode back the next morning. It was a blast, as I love the touring aspect of biking, and it was my sisters first bike overnight.

So this year I am in a different situation. I am 10 weeks out from a total hip replacement, I just did my first outdoor ride this past weekend! I am a bit uncertain of where I will be at physically come the first weekend of June, but I plan to participate again this year. And I plan to do 2 nights so a loop is the plan. I'll send out my feelers to see if any of my friends and family want to join me this year before I post the ride on the ACA site. Plenty of great state parks in my region that I could hit a different one each night without any trouble, and without killing myself to do so.

Anyone else planning on participating in this event this year? If so, I'd love to hear your plans!
https://www.adventurecycling.org/res...ravel-weekend/