Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Checkmark

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-20, 02:38 PM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Checkmark

Could someone tell me what a Checkmrk means next to your thread title?
Old 01-29-20, 02:42 PM
Wilfred Laurier
Señor Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 215 Posts
I don't see any checkmarks, but there are little blue down-pointing chevrons. I think these indicate a thread that has posts you have not yet read.
Old 01-29-20, 05:15 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
The one to the far right of the title/subject? It means you are subscribed to the thread and should get notifications when there is a new post via email or however you have it set up to respond in your profile settings.

Many of the things that have a function behind them you can hover the pointer over them and they'll tell you. However this site being so bandwidth heavy with advertising it takes a second or two for the flyout to appear.
Old 01-29-20, 06:50 PM
mjac

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
The one to the far right of the title/subject? It means you are subscribed to the thread and should get notifications when there is a new post via email or however you have it set up to respond in your profile settings.

Many of the things that have a function behind them you can hover the pointer over them and they'll tell you. However this site being so bandwidth heavy with advertising it takes a second or two for the flyout to appear.
Yeah, that is the one. But sometimes it is there and other times it is not. On the same thread. But I mean, if you started the thread it would seem you are subscribed to it. Does it mean like "Wilfred Laurier" said, there have been new posts to the thread you have not read? That would explain the check being there sometimes and sometimes not...Thanks,mjac
Old 01-29-20, 07:01 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
You should be asking these types of questions in this forum https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sug...er-assistance/

You'll get answers more quickly than here in Bicycle Mechanics.

Please don't repost, I've already asked a moderator to move some for you.
Old 01-29-20, 07:12 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,595 Times in 3,781 Posts
Thread moved from Mechanics to User Assistance.
Old 01-30-20, 10:18 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,809 Times in 3,317 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac
Does it mean like "Wilfred Laurier" said, there have been new posts to the thread you have not read? That would explain the check being there sometimes and sometimes not...Thanks,mjac
He'll have to speak for himself, but I think he was talking about the blue chevron to the left of the title which does indicate unread posts. It appears and disappears, however the blue checkmark to the right stays there as far as I've seen, except for the times that I'm logged out or went to my profile and cleared my subscriptions.
Likes For Iride01:
Old 01-30-20, 10:21 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
He'll have to speak for himself, but I think he was talking about the blue chevron to the left of the title which does indicate unread posts. It appears and disappears, however the blue checkmark to the right stays there as far as I've seen, except for the times that I'm logged out or went to my profile and cleared my subscriptions.
This is my guess, as well