Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Need scoop on Pardeeville from Tom Bombadil

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Need scoop on Pardeeville from Tom Bombadil

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-11, 12:38 PM
solveg
Squirrel

Bikes: Borthwick Touring bike, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, ?? Bianchi Torino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
yes I am... leaving in a few weeks, as a matter of fact.

(BTW, the info you gave me about KU and Kstate was invaluable! Now the townspeople smile at me because I'm wearing the right t-shirts)

It's always nice to go back there, isn't it? It almost seems separate from the rest of world.
Old 03-06-11, 03:50 PM
BengeBoy 

Bikes: 2009 Chris Boedeker custom; 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 2021 Bill Davidson custom gravel bike; 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado e-bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by solveg
It's always nice to go back there, isn't it? It almost seems separate from the rest of world.
My wife and I have ended up being responsible for managing a family farm that's in a corner of a county not covered by our current cell phone provider. We were just discussing this morning whether we needed to get a "Kansas cell phone" or start transferring the family lines over to a company that would give us coverage on the farm. I was suggesting maybe a satellite phone.

Makes me wonder how my ancestors (who were homesteaders) ever survived. Probably back in the 1800's they didn't even have broadband, just dial-up.
Old 10-21-11, 01:30 PM
rck

Bikes: cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Lest we forget!
Old 10-24-11, 03:37 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey, I ate at Irma's last weekend. On my way to hike at Yellowstone Lake State Park.

I had a slice of raspberry pie.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post
Old 10-25-11, 01:43 PM
rck

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Heck-if I had known you were coming!
Old 10-25-11, 02:13 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I didn't even know I was coming until that morning. It was a beautiful autumn day and I decided to spend it out in the countryside.
Old 10-18-14, 09:38 AM
rck

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I like this as a FOO thread. Bringing it back also makes me wonder where and how a lot of those posters are.

In any event, to make it OT, I have crushed last years mileage of 1509 with a current total of one-thousand, five hundred and twenty miles with some loose change. (Its more impressive spelled out) Happy the thought that with luck I've another 6 weeks of riding ere the weather completely goes south. Thusly I am assured of at least a Cee year with a good shot at a C+ or B year. In my world, starting with 1500 miles, every 500 miles nets me a better letter. (I might note that I grade on a curve.)

While I am not rabidly goal oriented, I find that having some sort of goal no matter how vague, helps keep me motivated. Odd given that I'm pretty much a type Z person. This used to drive my old boss crazy as he was type A++++. The only down side I see to this is that at the end of a season I tend to start focusing on mileage rather than the joy of riding. This is why I try to keep the goal vague, I'm too lazy to try harder! In fact, even speaking of it makes me tired, perhaps I will forego today's ride and take a nap instead.
Old 10-18-14, 03:14 PM
BengeBoy 

Bikes: 2009 Chris Boedeker custom; 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 2021 Bill Davidson custom gravel bike; 2022 Specialized Turbo Vado e-bike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
I'm back. More later.
Old 06-25-15, 09:14 AM
rck

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
I saw this listed recently, as in yesterday, in "Silent Sports" magazine. Hard to forget Pardeeville. It actually looks pretty intriguing, enough so that I may add it to my list of rides to do.the Basics