Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Random log-out after properly logging in

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-24, 01:05 PM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1804 Post(s)
Liked 1,442 Times in 991 Posts

I'm getting random 'Log-in to Join the Conversation' messages when I thought I was already logged in to BF, and its not just the Lounge/P&R forum, but the other regular forums, too. I recently had a 'forced' Microsoft update, not sure if that would make a difference, but the update didn't appear to effect anything else that requires a login/password to access it. Any issues from the BF HQ end of things? I'm on Windows 10 if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Came back in to see if this reply worked, at least this time.
Old 02-25-24, 01:33 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6196 Post(s)
Liked 4,810 Times in 3,318 Posts
Check the "remember me" box or whatever it is now when you log in. There really isn't any reason to worry about accidentally not logging out of the site and remaining logged in. It's only for the browser you are using on that specific machine. Even if you were to be at a library using public computers, there isn't any personal information stored on this site that is critical to your identity that isn't already public here. The email associated with your member name is about all any bad actor could find. And that won't be useful if they still can't find out your real name other real information.

But you likely aren't on a machine that is for the general public to use. So even much less an issue. Unless perhaps your significant other or children also use your computer or phone and make some disparaging posts in your name and get you banned <grin>

If you had previously checked the remember me, but have since cleared your cache of persistent cookies, then that is why you are likely seeing the issue again if this hasn't happened to you previously or in a long while.

Last edited by Iride01; 02-25-24 at 01:41 PM.
Likes For Iride01: