Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

searching your own posts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-23, 09:35 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 3,750 Times in 1,841 Posts
searching your own posts?

I know the "search threads" feature on BF is not great and you are better off doing a google search with Bikeforums.net in the search, that has worked well for me when I am looking for a bike or topic.
Today I had 2 occasions where I wanted to share a post or thread I had previously made, that had helpful information, but could not find them. I tried searching my user name + Bikeforums.net + Seatpost removal or Dura Ace pedals, but no luck. No searches brought up any of my posts. Of course I could not remember the actual title of the posts, But I have only posted about "Seatposts" or Dura Ace so many times. Any suggestions?
Old 07-04-23, 03:03 AM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2483 Post(s)
Liked 2,955 Times in 1,678 Posts
Bike Forums "Advanced Search" has always worked fine for me. Enter the topic word or words under "Search by Keyword(s)" (choosing "Titles Only") and enter your Bike Forums name under "Search by Use Name."
Likes For Trakhak:
Old 07-05-23, 09:45 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by SoCaled
I know the "search threads" feature on BF is not great and you are better off doing a google search with Bikeforums.net in the search, that has worked well for me when I am looking for a bike or topic.
Today I had 2 occasions where I wanted to share a post or thread I had previously made, that had helpful information, but could not find them. I tried searching my user name + Bikeforums.net + Seatpost removal or Dura Ace pedals, but no luck. No searches brought up any of my posts. Of course I could not remember the actual title of the posts, But I have only posted about "Seatposts" or Dura Ace so many times. Any suggestions?
Click on your username in a post you made, then select "Find more posts by SoCaled"
Old 07-05-23, 09:49 AM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked 3,750 Times in 1,841 Posts
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Click on your username in a post you made, then select "Find more posts by SoCaled"
Thanks, I know about this feature but have a lot of posts I would have to sort through?
I was hoping I was missing something, and I could search within "my posts", does not seem to be the case
Old 07-05-23, 09:56 AM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by SoCaled
Thanks, I know about this feature but have a lot of posts I would have to sort through?
I was hoping I was missing something, and I could search within "my posts", does not seem to be the case
Ah, in that case, Advanced Search would be your best bet then. You can filter by your own username and forum