Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Help identifying CCM frame

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-23, 03:00 PM
Frenzen

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Help identifying CCM frame

I found this on the side of the road, wondering if it was worth trying to build it back. It is a 22-inch bike and the serial code is B4027506. Also, the bike is in a rough condition and has a scratch across the top tube. Also, where the derailleur hangs, it looked rusted and a bit twisted. The Dia-compe brake ($30, although they are complete?) themselves and these cat-eyes ($20) might bring some value. Does anyone know anything about this frame or its worth, I am guessing it was made in the 80s? What is the value of the frame, or what would you sell it as?

Old 05-01-23, 02:46 AM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
There are a lot of people that are sentimental about CCM bikes. However, that one is so far gone I don't think it would be worth it to restore. It is a very good size. And, if the rear dropouts are spaced 126mm you could squeeze a 7 speed drivetrain w/brifters on it. If it's a nice straight frame you might get $50 for it. But, expect less.
Old 05-01-23, 07:13 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
If you don't want it, maybe there's someone out there who wants it to practice on. Someone who wants to strip the paint and try their hand at a rattle-can job, for example. The chrome looks fine, so some fresh paint will do wonders for appearance and to protect it from rusting, etc.
Maybe even (heaven forbid!) someone who wants to turn it into a SS/FG bike. Lots of directions someone could go.
Old 05-01-23, 06:22 PM
soyabean

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked 417 Times in 275 Posts
If you complete this bike so it is ride-ready, I'll pay $50 for it.
Old 05-14-23, 10:40 AM
Hummer

Bikes: 1981 Raleigh GP, 1985 Norco Bush Pilot, . . .

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 136 Posts
Hello Frenzen.
Your CCM is from 1984, after the bankruptcy of CCM in Weston, Ontario. Gestion RAD Inc. in Quebec purchased the assets of CCM in 1983 and licensed Groupe Procycle to use the CCM marque for bicycles. Groupe Procycle was also owned with Velo Sport. Velo Sport had been the distributor for Cycles Peugeot in Canada.

This CCM frame is from Cycles Peugeot in France. The "B" in the serial number is from the Beauleiu Valentigney factory, the first digit "4" is for the year of frame manufacture and the next two digits the month, February 1984.
Likes For Hummer:
Old 05-14-23, 06:17 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,752 Times in 939 Posts
It appears that the rear drop, drive side has been modified. As I recall, this model had a stamped rear drop with an integral derailleur hanger (I could be wrong). If that damage is there, the frame is, pretty much, worthless. If there is no structural damage (holes drilled, dented tubes, bent tube or fork), then someone might pay the $50 mentioned. But that someone would not be me. The cost to restore would prove prohibitive for what I would end up with.