Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > United Kingdom
Reload this Page >

Raleigh Edale Hybrid UK Advice?

Search
Notices
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-16, 06:10 AM
SBcycling

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Guys, I'm wondering what some of the other UK-based members think of this bike:

Raleigh Edale Mens Hybrid Bike

I know it's from Halfords, but it is a Raleigh - and I know they're not what they used to be - but for the price it should do a few 10 mile journeys and back each week?

The only thing that is strange is that it's nowhere to be found on the Raleigh website.. Halfords Exclusive < which scares me to be frank.. But it's got the badge so quality can't be that bad. They moved to Taiwan for production but to be fair, I don't think that's a problem for build quality. I'm more concerned about the design as it's more likely to have an impact on the quality of the bike in reality.

What do you think of the gears, tyres, components etc for that price?
Old 03-21-16, 05:33 PM
chasm54
Banned.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Being made in Taiwan is no problem. But having the Raleigh name is no guarantee of quality, either. This is pretty much a bottom of the range bike. Look at its weight. 16 kg is quite a lump for an aluminium hybrid.

Having said that, if that's what you want to spend you aren't likely to do much better at the price. Edinburgh bike co-op have a Ridgeback hybrid for similar money, and looking at the spec the components are very similar also. Yes, it should do a few 10 mile journeys and back each week. Don't expect it to be a lively ride, though, you get what you pay for...
Old 02-28-17, 03:19 AM
Tet

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No you can get more than what you paid for, it's called eBay. The world is full of people who buy a bike ride it once put it in the garage and never use it again. Look local first as most people won't post bikes. Which of course reduces the amount of bidders. If you have got a car think further a field.
Old 02-28-17, 03:22 AM
Tet

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
PS it says the bike is unavailable right now?
Old 04-19-17, 09:01 AM
andinho

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
raleigh edale

bought one two weeks ago here in ireland its a raleigh but over here every one goes for treks or giant bikes but if u want something to get around this bike will do the job as these raleighs are made for halfords like the raleigh loxleys and are made in bangladesh like all the raleighs is or were made