Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Nitrider headlight rattle

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-24, 06:00 AM
Trek730

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post

Had a old 450 micro and it still works but the charging port stopped working. Found a deal on a 650 micro and tail combo. Charged headlight and just figured use the old mount. It rattled like crazy on anything but new pavement. Put the new mount on figured the old one could be wore out. Still does it. So, I put my old 450 on and it no longer vibrates. The new(er) light bodies have different tolerances I guess? So has any successfully fixed this without the light sticking to the mount?
Old 04-03-24, 03:58 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 3465 Post(s)
Liked 1,470 Times in 1,147 Posts
I have not used that particular light, but I have used a layer or two or three of electrical tape to reduce gaps in some brackets where the bracket was loose enough that the device rattled.
Old 04-03-24, 04:30 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 442 Times in 315 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
I have not used that particular light, but I have used a layer or two or three of electrical tape to reduce gaps in some brackets where the bracket was loose enough that the device rattled.
Thanks for that, what I happened upon which seems to be working is to use a thick "broccoli" rubber band halfway off the back of bracket then manipulate it a bit so as to lock it on just enough to mitigate excessive movement.