Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Zwift help; 2 different screens?

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-20, 02:56 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,019 Times in 719 Posts

I'm trying to join a group of people with zwift, why they're using it I can't guess since my only experiences with it have been awful and this is only reinforcing the fact. I keep trying to log in so I can join their ride but I get 2 different screens.
If I try to log in to use zwift I get the following screen; I can't contact people, connect with anyone and going to the menu option just gives the chance to change my information. There is nothing useful under there that I can find.

If I don't connect to the trainer I get this screen but it does me no good as I can't actually ride due to a lack of connection.

So any clue how I switch between screens? The only difference in my login is if connect to the trainer or not. I only have one zwift app on the phone to click and I only have one app on the laptop and both are doing the same thing.
Old 03-30-20, 05:01 PM
texbiker

Bikes: Cervelo Caledonia Rival AXS eTap, Blue Norcross AL, Lynskey Helix

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 81 Posts
The group organizer must invite you. Also you should use the companion app on your phone or tablet.
Old 03-30-20, 09:32 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,019 Times in 719 Posts
Originally Posted by texbiker
The group organizer must invite you. Also you should use the companion app on your phone or tablet.
Was invited, the phone that I was using has both the zwift and the companion app though they only show as one button. The problem was that the first screen was the one that kept popping up and that didn't allow for any form of interaction or connection to the group.
Old 03-31-20, 06:04 AM
texbiker

Bikes: Cervelo Caledonia Rival AXS eTap, Blue Norcross AL, Lynskey Helix

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 81 Posts
Originally Posted by texbiker
On my phone the icon for the companion app is blue and the other is orange. The blue app is where I manage events and connection to Swift.
Old 04-03-20, 11:48 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4926 Post(s)
Liked 8,058 Times in 3,810 Posts
Originally Posted by Russ Roth
Was invited, the phone that I was using has both the zwift and the companion app though they only show as one button.
Zwift and Companion show as two separate apps on my iPhone.

Old 04-04-20, 07:06 AM
ND Kid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you were invited to the event on the companion app under events you should see the event. On the right side you should see a plus sign. Click on the plus sign to join the event. The plus sign will change to a check mark to show you are going. When you log into zwift it should ask you if you want to join the ride. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Old 04-04-20, 09:06 AM
billridesbikes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked 418 Times in 250 Posts
Your screens says you aren’t connected to anything (no connection to your trainer/HRM) and lack of other riders suggest no WiFi connection either. Can you show the screen where you’re able to ride around in the sim with other riders?
Old 04-04-20, 09:21 AM
jadocs

Bikes: Ti, Mn Cr Ni Mo Nb, Al, C

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 942 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 349 Posts
If you were invited to an event you must accept the invitation in the companion app. Then when you go to ride you will get a notification to “join” the event. Just select “join” and it will take you there.

Now if you are tying to join someone with no formal event, you will have this screen. Use your Apple remote or use your computer to select the outermost red circle shown. Once selected you must then scroll to the individual you want to join. Then select “ride”. Since you will be joining them (and they are already riding) you must be prepared to start pedaling immediately because you will be placed next to them while they are riding and you will only have a few seconds to start pedaling. If you wait too long they will be way up the road (unless they know the exact moment you are joining and they back off or wait). Does that make sense?