Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Post your cycling humor here. I'll start....

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Post your cycling humor here. I'll start....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-24, 02:34 PM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1955 Post(s)
Liked 3,661 Times in 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by madpogue
I came up behind two other riders on the road the other day. The guy in front signaled an "arm straight up" signal with his RIGHT arm, and, of course, turned left. The young lady in between went straight ahead, as did I. As I started to pass, she remarked/asked "Did that guy just signal for a left turn with his right arm?" I responded "He's from Australia" as I went past.
I've actually done that.
Old 03-04-24, 03:42 PM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1445 Post(s)
Liked 1,395 Times in 762 Posts
Originally Posted by 52telecaster
I've actually done that.
Sure. Whatcha supposed to do when your coffee is in your left hand? 🤷‍♂️
Old 03-04-24, 03:46 PM
52telecaster
ambulatory senior

Bikes: Austro Daimler modified by Gugie! Raleigh Professional and lots of other bikes.

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1955 Post(s)
Liked 3,661 Times in 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by smontanaro
Sure. Whatcha supposed to do when your coffee is in your left hand? 🤷‍♂️
And coffee is life!
Likes For 52telecaster:
Old 03-04-24, 06:22 PM
Chuckk
Groupetto Dragon-Ass

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked 787 Times in 372 Posts
Here's a funny one from Texas:
Left turn - left arm out to the left
Right turn - left arm up at the elbow or right arm out to the right
I heard that a big reason for the alternate right turn was that motorists unfamiliar with hand signals were misinterpreting the raised left arm.
Old 03-04-24, 11:51 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2363 Post(s)
Liked 1,749 Times in 1,191 Posts
Right arm out to the right wouldn't work well when the turn signals on my truck go out. Maybe for Stretch Armstrong.....
Likes For madpogue:
Old 03-09-24, 11:31 AM
Robvolz 

Bikes: several Eddy Merz (ride like Eddy, braze like Jim!)

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 1083 Post(s)
Liked 1,820 Times in 662 Posts
Old 03-11-24, 10:03 AM
markwesti

Bikes: 86' Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked 316 Times in 175 Posts
Likes For markwesti:
Old 03-11-24, 08:45 PM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

Bikes: More than I care to admit

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)
Liked 992 Times in 491 Posts
Subscribed
Old 03-13-24, 04:53 AM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

I can’t believe nobody mentioned Kickstand Comics. I’ve been accused of “life imitating art,” but I promise, my condition started long before I found the comics…

I’ve read the entire series at least a couple times. Works well as bedtime reading.
Likes For mountaindave:
Old 03-13-24, 06:21 AM
Chuckk
Groupetto Dragon-Ass

Weight Weenies and Cycling Snobs:

Old 03-13-24, 06:25 AM
Chuckk
Groupetto Dragon-Ass

And probably one of the best series ever, Kickstand Cyclery's Yehuda Moon:
https://yehudamoon.com/chapter/comics/
Old 03-17-24, 04:21 AM
bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Liked 2,576 Times in 1,076 Posts
Old 03-17-24, 09:17 AM
gearbasher

Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 383 Posts
After just getting married the woman says; "Now that we're married, you need to get rid of some bikes."
He replies: "You sound just like my ex-wife."
She says: "I didn't know you were married before!"
He says; "I wasn't."
Old 03-17-24, 09:18 AM
Hondo6

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 672 Times in 464 Posts
Originally Posted by Korina
Considering the next line, I think it's just a bit of humor.
"Moths love to eat Merino so it pays to store them in a plastic bag (unless you really want fat moths)."
Dunno about that. Google indicates that there have been a number reported instances of people burning themselves doing exactly that. Given legal climates in many places, I can see a firm's legal advisor saying "put a warning about that on the label to cover our azz, liability-wise".

FWIW: the most famous reported such incident - that of MLB Hall of Famer John Smoltz supposedly burning himself while ironing a shirt he was wearing at the time - is vehemently disputed by Smoltz.

The fact that the warning being real is plausible is IMO both funny and sad at the same time. And some of the labels in this article lead me to believe that, well, yeah: it's entirely plausible. Check out the "Rowenta Irons" warning!

As the late Robert A. Heinlein once put it: "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

Last edited by Hondo6; 03-17-24 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Add second linked article and related info.
Old 03-17-24, 05:24 PM
bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Originally Posted by gearbasher
After just getting married the woman says; "Now that we're married, you need to get rid of some bikes."
He replies: "You sound just like my ex-wife."
She says: "I didn't know you were married before!"
He says; "I wasn't."
Reminds me of "I got a Paramount for my wife, it was a pretty good trade."

Sexist, stupid, lame... but funny.
Likes For bulgie:
Old 03-18-24, 05:20 PM
Reynolds 
Passista

Bikes: 1998 Pinarello Asolo, 1992 KHS Montańa pro, 1980 Raleigh DL-1, IGH Hybrid, IGH Utility

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 868 Post(s)
Liked 721 Times in 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo6
Dunno about that. Google indicates that there have been a number reported instances of people burning themselves doing exactly that. Given legal climates in many places, I can see a firm's legal advisor saying "put a warning about that on the label to cover our azz, liability-wise".

FWIW: the most famous reported such incident - that of MLB Hall of Famer John Smoltz supposedly burning himself while ironing a shirt he was wearing at the time - is vehemently disputed by Smoltz.

The fact that the warning being real is plausible is IMO both funny and sad at the same time. And some of the labels in this article lead me to believe that, well, yeah: it's entirely plausible. Check out the "Rowenta Irons" warning!

As the late Robert A. Heinlein once put it: "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected areas. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may fade in time. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool, process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Penalty for private use. See label for frequency. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rocks. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to insure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Decision of judges is final.
Likes For Reynolds:
Old 03-18-24, 05:50 PM
bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Originally Posted by Reynolds
This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected areas. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may fade in time. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool, process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Penalty for private use. See label for frequency. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rocks. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to insure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Decision of judges is final.
Wow that's an impressive compilation. Reminds me of "Step Right Up" by Tom Waits. A few selected lyrics (if that's too much to read all, just skip down to the last 3 lines, priceless!):
You can drive it away today.
One size fits all
No muss, no fuss, no spills
You tired of kitchen drudgery
Skip the middle man
Don't settle for less
How do we do it?
How do we do it?
Volume! volume!
Turn up the volume!

That's right it filets
It chops, it dices, it slices
It never stops
Lasts a lifetime,
And it mows your lawn
It picks up the kids from school
It gets rid of unwanted facial hair
It gets rid of embarrassing age spots
It delivers the pizza
And it lengthens
And it strengthens
And it finds that slipper that's been lodged under the
Chaise lounge for several weeks

It makes excuses for unwanted lipstick on your collar
And it's only a dollar...

If not completely satisfied
Mail back unused portion of product for a complete refund of price of purchase

Please allow thirty days for delivery
Don't be fooled by cheap imitations
You can
Live in it
Laugh in it
Love in it
Swim in it
Sleep in it
Live in it
Swim in it
Laugh in it
Love in it
And it removes embarrassing stains from contour sheets
That's right
And it entertains visiting relatives
It turns a sandwich into a banquet
Tired of being the life of the party
Change your shorts
Change your life
Change into a 9 year old Hindu boy
Get rid of your wife

And it walks your dog
And it doubles on sax

It gets rid of your gambling debts
It quits smoking
It's a friend, it's a companion
It's the only product you will ever need

It never needs ironing
Well it takes weights off hips
Bust
Thighs
Chin
Midriff
Gives you dandruff
And it finds you a job
It is a job

It's new, it's improved, it's old fashioned
Well it takes care of business
Never needs winding
Never needs winding
Never needs winding
Gets rid of blackheads, heartbreak, and psoriasis
Christ, you don't know the meaning of heartbreak buddy

'Cause it's effective
It's defective

It disinfects
It's sanitised for your protection
It gives you an erection
It wins the election
Why put up with painful corns any longer
It's a redeemable coupon
No obligation
No salesman will visit your home

We need your bidness
We're going out of business
We'll give you the business
Get on the business end of our
Going out of business sale
Receive our free brochure
Free brochure
Read the easy to follow assembly instructions
Batteries not included
Send before midnight tomorrow
Terms available

You got it buddy
The large print giveth
And the small print taketh away
Apologies for straying off-topic. I'll be strictly on topic from now on, honest.
Old 03-20-24, 08:30 AM
madpogue 

Just look at those julienne fries!

(But wait, there's more....)
Old 03-21-24, 06:54 AM
madpogue 

^^^^^^ NSFW alert (please to notify next time.....)
Old 03-22-24, 06:34 AM
Hondo6

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 550 Post(s)
Liked 672 Times in 464 Posts
IMO posting images that might be interpreted as being sexually suggestive, or somehow otherwise NSFW, is probably not a "good thing". Maybe post a link - along with a "possibly NSFW" warning - instead.

Some people may view this site at their workplace during a break. And these days many HR departments have zero sense of humor about things they deem NSFW being viewed on company IT equipment.
Likes For Hondo6:
Old 03-27-24, 05:00 PM
bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Old 03-27-24, 09:38 PM
jackbombay

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked 462 Times in 270 Posts
Originally Posted by jjhabbs
Truth!

John
In my defence the only 650b conversion I have ever done was from 650a, not from 700c.
Likes For jackbombay:
Old 03-28-24, 04:19 AM
gearbasher

Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 383 Posts
Originally Posted by bulgie
Is the sign in the upper left misspelled? Or is it a joke / reference that I'm not getting?
Likes For gearbasher:
Old 03-28-24, 06:53 AM
mountaindave 
tantum vehi

How many of us have done this?

Likes For mountaindave:
Old 03-28-24, 06:54 AM
1989Pre 
Standard Member

Bikes: 1948 P. Barnard & Son, 1962 Rudge Sports, 1963 Freddie Grubb Routier, 1980 Manufrance Hirondelle, 1983 F. Moser Sprint, 1989 Raleigh Technium Pre, 2001 Raleigh M80

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1297 Post(s)
Liked 940 Times in 490 Posts
First, I'd like to offer you a "quality bicycle" for five bucks:

Then, it gets better. no. Not free shipping. Free SHOPPING!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.