Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Challenge Getaway 700x45 measured width?

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-23, 11:54 AM
dstke

Bikes: Chinook custom road tandem, 2000 Litespeed, Santa Cruz SOLO C, Bontrager Race Lite, C'Dale 06 Mountain Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Following up to an earlier post, my wife is looking for a bigger tire, I'd like to try the Getaway 700x45 but the max width recommended by Litespeed for their Ultimate G bike is 43mm. Anyone know the actual measured width of the 700x45? I realize that it will depend on the width of the rim, in our case we have Stan's Grail MK3 rims with an internal width of 20.3mm. I really like my Getaway 700x40 tires and their measured width is closer to 700x38. Thanks for any info.

Doug
Old 08-21-23, 12:18 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4957 Post(s)
Liked 8,099 Times in 3,833 Posts
Originally Posted by dstke
Following up to an earlier post, my wife is looking for a bigger tire, I'd like to try the Getaway 700x45 but the max width recommended by Litespeed for their Ultimate G bike is 43mm. Anyone know the actual measured width of the 700x45? I realize that it will depend on the width of the rim, in our case we have Stan's Grail MK3 rims with an internal width of 20.3mm. I really like my Getaway 700x40 tires and their measured width is closer to 700x38. Thanks for any info.

Doug
I can't tell you about the 45, but I'm using the 36 on 21mm internal rims, and they measure a bit over 36. I like the Getaway a lot - it's fast!