Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cannondale ceramic vs enduro?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-11, 10:49 PM
s4one

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I received my hollowgram crank set today and the seller told me that the bearings are not ceramic. However they are indeed ceramic, bearings have the red seals and the aluminum dust caps even have ceramic printed on them.

Anyways, I thought they were non ceramic so I bought enduro bearings before I even received the hollowgrams. Should I install the cannondale ceramics or enduro save the cannodnale ones for back up? Thanks
Old 06-17-11, 10:52 PM
M_FactorX19

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i doubt you will be able to tell that big of a difference between the two to matter. do keep a set as back up though.
Old 06-17-11, 11:55 PM
s4one

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well i have both so i need to figure out which one to install. i amleaning towards the enduro sine i heard stock cannondale ceramic bearings have a short life to them
Old 06-18-11, 03:04 AM
catonec 

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
why not just use the brand new ones
Old 06-18-11, 03:53 AM
kimconyc
Señor Member

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey R380 Ti | 2011 Hampsten Travelissimo Gran Paradiso Ti | 2001 De Rosa Neo Primato - Batik Del Monte, Genius | 1991 Eddy Merckx - Motorola, TSX

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by s4one
well i have both so i need to figure out which one to install. i amleaning towards the enduro sine i heard stock cannondale ceramic bearings have a short life to them
I had an Enduro Zero BB (external cups not BB30) on one of my bikes and it only lasted about 5K miles--pretty disappointed. To be fair, I also have some hubs with Zeros on the same bike and they have been fine.

I'd keep the crank as-is, why mess with it if it is working? Just switch out the bearing when the stock ones die out.