Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Bergamo Vs Trek 7200

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-12, 06:45 AM
Bakammer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I posted a while back on buying a used Giant Cypress ST for my wife who is a novice cyclist. well, that fell through as the seller backed out after I won the auction (I let him off the hook rather than fight a prolonged Ebay claim.).

I found a 2005 Bianchi Bergamo for $250 locally which I can buy. It is in like new condition and fits my wife well. I dig the dual drive shifting for a beginner but am a bit concerned on the age of the bike even though it has no scratches or dings and no visible wear on the components or original tires. Is $250 a good price on this?

I also have a line on a 2010 Trek 7200 in the right size. I'm considering buying that as well for around $250-$300. My wife likes and fits both. I like that is newer, it looks to be in good shape as well.

Advice welcome, which bike would you buy for a beginner.
Old 07-23-12, 07:22 AM
SlimRider
Banned

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix, Giant Innova, Nishiki Sebring, Trek 7.5FX

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Trek 7200 is a much better bike! There's no comparison!

Get the Trek 7200 right away before it gets away!

However, make certain that the bike is structurally sound first. Remember to check the welds for smooth and continuous joints. Test ride the bike for smoothness of transition in gearing and for general comfort.

If it feels good, grab it!
Old 07-23-12, 02:55 PM
Bakammer

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SlimRider
The Trek 7200 is a much better bike! There's no comparison!

Get the Trek 7200 right away before it gets away!

However, make certain that the bike is structurally sound first. Remember to check the welds for smooth and continuous joints. Test ride the bike for smoothness of transition in gearing and for general comfort.

If it feels good, grab it!
Thanks for the advice. I'm waiting to hear back on my offer for the Trek. Turns out they want a bit more for it, $400. I offered $250 and am waiting to hear back, hoping to land at $300, maybe $325. I bought the Bianchi as well for $250 just in case.....

I figure if I get the Trek, my wife can ride it and the Bergamo goes to college with my daughter or vice versa.

This whole biking hobby is quickly becoming a sickness, two months ago I buy my first bike in 30 years, A new Trek 7.2 FX. I have a 1 yr old at home so naturally I had to buy a trailer to cruise with the little guy (that's right, one going to college and one in diapers, now you know why I needed a new hobby to unwind

I'm enjoying it so much I talked my wife into joining me for my daily ride around the lake nearby. Of course, she has to have a bike to join me. Big smiles from me, getting to check out all the bikes again. At least I resisted spending the big bucks (I had my eye on a new Trek 7500, Jammis Commuter 4, and a few others before my wife reminded me of the college tuition payment coming up).

I need to quit and take up jogging or something, I can afford a pair of sneakers.
Old 07-23-12, 03:26 PM
SlimRider
Banned

Bikes: Raleigh Grand Prix, Giant Innova, Nishiki Sebring, Trek 7.5FX

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bakammer
Thanks for the advice. I'm waiting to hear back on my offer for the Trek. Turns out they want a bit more for it, $400. I offered $250 and am waiting to hear back, hoping to land at $300, maybe $325. I bought the Bianchi as well for $250 just in case.....

I figure if I get the Trek, my wife can ride it and the Bergamo goes to college with my daughter or vice versa.

This whole biking hobby is quickly becoming a sickness, two months ago I buy my first bike in 30 years, A new Trek 7.2 FX. I have a 1 yr old at home so naturally I had to buy a trailer to cruise with the little guy (that's right, one going to college and one in diapers, now you know why I needed a new hobby to unwind

I'm enjoying it so much I talked my wife into joining me for my daily ride around the lake nearby. Of course, she has to have a bike to join me. Big smiles from me, getting to check out all the bikes again. At least I resisted spending the big bucks (I had my eye on a new Trek 7500, Jammis Commuter 4, and a few others before my wife reminded me of the college tuition payment coming up).

I need to quit and take up jogging or something, I can afford a pair of sneakers.