Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Rec-Mounts - Ordering Experience

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-20, 12:18 PM
sc007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I am from Canada and would like to order a bike mount and adapter from Rec-Mounts website directly. I've had to use the translate feature on Google Chrome to navigate their website.

Has anyone ordered directly from them? How has your experience been?

Thank you
Old 06-04-20, 03:39 PM
Batstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 79 Posts
Is there a specific reason why you chose to deal with Rec-Mount? According to the website shipping to Cda is around $35. Have you checked out other products from Barfly or K Edge? Is there specific mount configuration that you had in mind?
Old 06-04-20, 09:37 PM
Batstar

Just checked your previous posts and I now see that you are looking at acquiring a similar Garmin setup that you currently use but for your aero bars. I have the same out-front Garmin mount with ¼ twist flange for my Scott hybrid and agree that it is slick. My better half is native Japanese and I had her take a look at Rec-Mount's site. The company was established back in 2005 and is based in Chiba prefecture. Reviews on Amazon.jp appear to be quite favorable and she feels that the business is legitimate. Video reviews also speak highly of their products. Hope that helps.

I've since switched the stock flat alloy bars out for a carbon version and plan to move my Garmin setup over to my winter bike and am currently waiting to take delivery of a stem mount from F3 Cycling. https://www.f3cycling.com/formmount
I came across a great deal from a Quebec-based bike shop that was clearing out the FormMount at 45% off so I jumped on it. It doesn’t have the twist on/off flange for my Cygolite but for me that wasn’t a deal breaker but having one less clamp attachment to deal with on the carbon bars was.
Old 06-05-20, 06:46 AM
RGMN

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 153 Posts
Originally Posted by Batstar
I've since switched the stock flat alloy bars out for a carbon version and plan to move my Garmin setup over to my winter bike and am currently waiting to take delivery of a stem mount from F3 Cycling. https://www.f3cycling.com/formmount
I came across a great deal from a Quebec-based bike shop that was clearing out the FormMount at 45% off so I jumped on it. It doesn’t have the twist on/off flange for my Cygolite but for me that wasn’t a deal breaker but having one less clamp attachment to deal with on the carbon bars was.
I've been looking at the F3 mounts as a possible way to get rid of all the clamps on my bars, but I recently got it down to 1 (the k-edge that holds my garmin gps & bontrager light.) Still, it would be nice to get rid of all the accessory clamps.

If you do consider the F3 mounts you can get 47% off on them by supporting a fundraiser on Saturday for GiGi's Playhouse to support Down syndrome. No association, just a good cause, and a nice discount if you are looking for an F3 mount.
Old 06-05-20, 10:23 AM
Batstar

Originally Posted by RGMN
I've been looking at the F3 mounts as a possible way to get rid of all the clamps on my bars, but I recently got it down to 1 (the k-edge that holds my garmin gps & bontrager light.) Still, it would be nice to get rid of all the accessory clamps.

If you do consider the F3 mounts you can get 47% off on them by supporting a fundraiser on Saturday for GiGi's Playhouse to support Down syndrome. No association, just a good cause, and a nice discount if you are looking for an F3 mount.
Hey, thanks for providing the link to the fundraiser, seems like a worthy cause. I had already pulled the trigger on the F3 FormMount through the clearance sale up here and it should be arriving early next week. I think I might have purchased the last one.
Old 06-06-20, 09:59 PM
sc007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just checked your previous posts and I now see that you are looking at acquiring a similar Garmin setup that you currently use but for your aero bars. I have the same out-front Garmin mount with ¼ twist flange for my Scott hybrid and agree that it is slick. My better half is native Japanese and I had her take a look at Rec-Mount's site. The company was established back in 2005 and is based in Chiba prefecture. Reviews on Amazon.jp appear to be quite favorable and she feels that the business is legitimate. Video reviews also speak highly of their products. Hope that helps.

Is there a specific reason why you chose to deal with Rec-Mount? According to the website shipping to Cda is around $35. Have you checked out other products from Barfly or K Edge? Is there specific mount configuration that you had in mind?
Originally Posted by RGMN

Thank you all for your replies. Shipping isn't cheap but because of my aero shaped handlebars (Pro Vibe Aero) its been very hard to find a mount that will fit on the handlebar. I then came across Rec-Mounts and found two types of mounts. One that wraps around the handlebar like most standard mounts, and another that attaches via the stem bolts. I also want a specific adapter to fit under the mount to let me use the Garmin quarter turn flange mount adapter for my light instead of using the typical GoPro mount for a light. So this particular setup has been very hard to find but Rec Mounts has it, see links below which might help someone else in the future. The F3 mount looks awesome but I want a different adapter for the light which F3 dosen't offer (love the ease of the Garmin quarter turn flange). Thanks for sharing the link to the fundraiser for Down syndrom. Great cause!

Stem mount https://www.rec-mounts.com/products/...ct-12386806292
Handlebar mount https://www.rec-mounts.com/products/...-aero/onehand/
Quarter turn to flange adapter (search towards the bottom for the 400-GMUT) https://www.rec-mounts.com/products/...ct-13166876292