Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

D&L Trail South of Easton is a Mess

Search
Notices
Mid-Atlantic Pennsylvania | Maryland | DC | Delaware | West Virginia | Virginia

D&L Trail South of Easton is a Mess

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-23, 09:52 AM
RayLee

Bikes: YT Izzo, Privateer 161, Carbonda 696, Mason InSearchOf, cheap SC High Ball knock off

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz
Have you looked at the official site?:

https://delawareandlehigh.org/map/

The map sections describe conditions. There was a good amount of hurricane damage in places two years ago. Ask me how I know.
Good to see you back

Hard to map around the closures via the interactive D&L map because it shows whole sections closed and little info about issue/obstruction so its hard to come up with a plan to navigate around.
I am old and like paper maps but guess its time to figure out Strava heat maps or something similar to figure out how/when to get off the trail so I don't end back tracking trail half a day

Last edited by RayLee; 02-08-23 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-08-23, 05:17 PM
force10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by RayLee
Good to see you back

Hard to map around the closures via the interactive D&L map because it shows whole sections closed and little info about issue/obstruction so its hard to come up with a plan to navigate around.
I am old and like paper maps but guess its time to figure out Strava heat maps or something similar to figure out how/when to get off the trail so I don't end back tracking trail half a day
If you click on the section of the map that where an obstruction exists, a window appears detailing the nature of the obstruction and mile marker.

To answer your earlier question, the D&R is a good alternative to the D&L between Frenchtown and Lamberville (as far as I went back in August). You would want to cross the bridge in Riegelsville and head south along the river in NJ to Frenchtown in order to do so.
Likes For force10:
Old 02-16-23, 06:58 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18428 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by force10
If you click on the section of the map that where an obstruction exists, a window appears detailing the nature of the obstruction and mile marker.

To answer your earlier question, the D&R is a good alternative to the D&L between Frenchtown and Lamberville (as far as I went back in August). You would want to cross the bridge in Riegelsville and head south along the river in NJ to Frenchtown in order to do so.
And the roads along the river south of Riegelsville are mostly nice. During tours I have gone that way just for a break from the trail.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 04-05-23, 09:01 AM
lowrider2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts