Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

S-Bag Flap - Stealth 25mm Plastic Side Release Buckle

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-15, 01:28 PM
kurtp13

Bikes: Trek 820, Cannondale F500 with Trekking bars and road tires, Bianchi Alfana, Panasonic PCI "Les Maillots", Cannondale M1000 Tandem, Schwinn Johnny, Trek Lime, 1964 Armstrong, 1962 Raleigh Gazelle, 1964 AMF Hercules, Brooklyn Cruiser Driggs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I want to make a flap for my S bag. It doesn't look too challenging but I would like to know where to find the plastic buckles as specified.

In the message attached they are Stealth 25mm Plastic Side Release Buckle (female). I know very little about buckles, so I am assuming that Stealth is a brand with their own configuration. Also, Most of what I am seeing in the searches I am doing is English units describing the sizes as in 1 inch rather than 25 mm. I would assume these are interchangeable but I am not sure.

Can anyone point me to a source (with minimal shipping cost to US) that would carry these buckles. Or more information about compatible buckles that could be used? I can order through Radical Designs, but the shipping cost is 15 euros for 0.50 euros parts.

I'm looking to be educated.

Also, if anyone is aware of a sewing pattern on the web, that would be appreciated. I can wing it, but working from a pattern is easier.

https://brompton.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...les-on-my-bag-
Old 09-04-15, 01:55 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
https://www.seattlefabrics.com/ is a Place to find a lot of National Molding, Fastex, Products ... REI is another source ..

National Molding Company .HQ, FLa. Network Solutions E-Commerce Web Site - Buckles

there are several 'stealth' buckles sharing the name .. some ovaloid, some squarish, incompatible with each other .

They make a Metric 25mm and a 1" depending on the side of the Atlantic they ship to?

Last edited by fietsbob; 09-05-15 at 10:26 AM.
Old 09-04-15, 09:43 PM
smallwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtp13
I want to make a flap for my S bag. It doesn't look too challenging but I would like to know where to find the plastic buckles as specified.
https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...s.php?id=35120