Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

*NEW* Pedal Force Group Buy - RS2

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

*NEW* Pedal Force Group Buy - RS2

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-08, 10:58 AM
timmyquest
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What is the difference between B and C/
Old 02-03-08, 12:14 PM
FrankBattle 
SilentRider

Bikes: Trek Madone SLR 7, Giant TCR Advanced Pro, Trek Domane SLR, Trek Emonda SLR Project One (x2), custom Bingham Built Titanium road bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That question's been answered at least once before, but B is the effective top tube length. C is the actual top tube length (measured along the top tube itself);

B is kinda like "imagine if the top tube were horizontal, it would be this length."
Old 02-03-08, 12:57 PM
timmyquest
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FrankBattle
That question's been answered at least once before, but B is the effective top tube length. C is the actual top tube length (measured along the top tube itself);

B is kinda like "imagine if the top tube were horizontal, it would be this length."
I've never been on a compact frame, so i'm having a difficult time imagining this. Is B the more realistic one?
Old 02-03-08, 01:16 PM
Bike enthusiast

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I only have traditional frames, but yeah, I would think that B is the more realistic one for fitting.
Old 02-03-08, 01:33 PM
yogi13

Bikes: '06 Specialized Allez Expert

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dsilver668
Yogi do share..
I had signed up for Rival Grouppo but would be willing to go up to forceif needed. I didn't see any info on the grouppo group buy at all on the website anyway..
If you had sent in an email on the groupset when you entered the group buy, after you paid the deposit on the frame/fork you should have gotten a second email with instructions on how to pay the deposit on the groupset group buy. The process is very similar to doing the frame buy: confirm the type of crank, crankarm length, cassette, etc. I'm not sure if you can upgrade to a higher gruppo at this point; you might email pedalforce to ask.

At this point I'm kind of second guessing my decision to go with the force instead of popping for red, and haven't paid my deposit quite yet as a result, so I'd be interested in hearing if upgrading is possible at this time.
Old 02-03-08, 01:41 PM
BackRoadsBiker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It would be logical that you could upgrade from Force to Red, because PedalForce probably hasn't bought the groups yet. Either way, they are very good about returning emails, so it can't hurt to ask.
Old 02-03-08, 04:13 PM
dsilver668
Chasing the Peloton!

Bikes: K2 MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yogi13
If you had sent in an email on the groupset when you entered the group buy, after you paid the deposit on the frame/fork you should have gotten a second email with instructions on how to pay the deposit on the groupset group buy. The process is very similar to doing the frame buy: confirm the type of crank, crankarm length, cassette, etc. I'm not sure if you can upgrade to a higher gruppo at this point; you might email pedalforce to ask.

At this point I'm kind of second guessing my decision to go with the force instead of popping for red, and haven't paid my deposit quite yet as a result, so I'd be interested in hearing if upgrading is possible at this time.
Ah ok I have yet to send in my deposit on the frame ywt. Wife is still givin gme the evil eye but it will get done this week.
Old 02-03-08, 05:11 PM
Amen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I told them when I signed up that I would like time to think if I want force or red, and they told me that the group buy deadline is the deadline to decide which group you want.
Old 02-03-08, 11:51 PM
gurana
Tête de Limace

Bikes: 2001 Lemond Nevada City; ~1987 Peugeot US Express; ~1985 Panasonic Sport 500

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Amen
I told them when I signed up that I would like time to think if I want force or red, and they told me that the group buy deadline is the deadline to decide which group you want.
That's what they told me too. Probably because they've got some sort of deadline themselves... Like, they needed to put in the order for the groupsets to whoever they get them from by that time. Since that's somewhat out of their control, they probably can't bend too much on it. They're probably a little more lenient with the frames because I don't think those orders are actually going anywhere until after the deposit is in.

In anycase, I couldn't get the mrs. to sign on to the grouppo too. It'll be a shame to put my ****ty tiagra stuff on it, but it beats not riding it at all.
Old 02-04-08, 12:55 AM
FrankBattle 
SilentRider

Bikes: Trek Madone SLR 7, Giant TCR Advanced Pro, Trek Domane SLR, Trek Emonda SLR Project One (x2), custom Bingham Built Titanium road bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Must be tough to have to check with The Boss on discretionary purchases.

Last edited by FrankBattle; 02-04-08 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-04-08, 02:48 AM
neospazzy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm tellin' ya. Ebay + PayPal is your best friend. Sell all your unwanted stuff around your house and watch the $$ grow into your PayPal account. Sooner or later, you will have the $$ to buy that dream grouppo you dreamed about. Click on Buy It Now and wait for the shipment to arrive. Done! No evidence of the money being pulled from the checking or savings (assuming you got the full amount built up on PayPal ... and the wife doesn't have access to it.)
Old 02-04-08, 08:35 AM
macd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neo****zy
I'm tellin' ya. Ebay + PayPal is your best friend. Sell all your unwanted stuff around your house and watch the $$ grow into your PayPal account. Sooner or later, you will have the $$ to buy that dream grouppo you dreamed about. Click on Buy It Now and wait for the shipment to arrive. Done! No evidence of the money being pulled from the checking or savings (assuming you got the full amount built up on PayPal ... and the wife doesn't have access to it.)
And I thought I was the only one that devious
Old 02-04-08, 09:59 PM
6thElement
It's carbon dontcha know.

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts
I'm signed up, going for the naked frame and FKR8 fork in a 55cm.

I'm going to move the Force groupo and components across from my motobecane Le Champion SL Force.
Old 02-04-08, 11:04 PM
WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Simply amazing;

RS2 ~ 299 signed up and 108 paid deposits already, only 32 more deposits to guarantee the lowest price. You guys really got the job done. I can't wait to see the build pics.
Red ~ 77 signed up and 38 paid deposits already, only 12 more to guarantee the group buy price. Can't wait to see the Red group.
Old 02-05-08, 01:53 AM
jciv03

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just to make sure, the seat-post clamp size is 34.9mm, right?
Old 02-05-08, 05:06 AM
BackRoadsBiker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jciv03
Just to make sure, the seat-post clamp size is 34.9mm, right?
No. The PedalForce specs page says 31.6. The outer diameter is 34.9, and is what size clamp-on front derailleur you will want.

https://pedalforce.com/online/product...oducts_id=7548
Old 02-05-08, 05:25 AM
jciv03

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BackRoadsBiker
No. The PedalForce specs page says 31.6. The outer diameter is 34.9, and is what size clamp-on front derailleur you will want.

https://pedalforce.com/online/product...oducts_id=7548
31.6 is actually the seatpost size. The ZX3 frame also uses a 31.6 seatpost (and a 34.9 seat collar), so I'm going on a hunch that the RS2 also uses the 34.9. I guess it would be best if someone confirmed this with PedalForce first...

Last edited by jciv03; 02-05-08 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-05-08, 07:14 AM
6thElement
It's carbon dontcha know.

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 8 Posts
I think my existing Force front derailleur is a 34.9 clamp...I hope so
Old 02-05-08, 10:05 AM
timmyquest
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by giant
Sizing Yourself to Giant’s Compact Road Frame
To determine your Giant Compact Road frame size, measure your inseam in centimeters (crotch-to-floor measurement without shoes). The best way to do this is to stand with your back flat against a wall and your heels as close to the wall as possible. Next, take a hardback book that is approximately two inches thick and place it vertically as far up into your inseam as possible and so that the edge is flush with the wall. Make sure that the book protrudes enough so you can measure from the top edge of the book down to the ground. Multiply the distance by .65 to determine conventional frame size (to convert inches to centimeters, multiply inches by 2.54). Find the equivalent Giant Compact Road frame size from the chart above.
From Giant

I'm about 5'10" with an actual inseam of just a shade over 31". According to Giant i should be riding a 52cm traditional frame. That's smaller than what i'm use to riding...However, according to the chart above, they want me on something larger than what i'm use to riding.

I feel, for traditional economy, i need to be on a 53-55cm frame...

Last edited by timmyquest; 02-05-08 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-05-08, 04:25 PM
workscollective
mmm...custom...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Funny, I'm gonna do the same thing once I do something fun with paint on the frame...

I'm and and have put up the deposit. Everybody else, where are ya...

Originally Posted by 6thElement
I'm signed up, going for the naked frame and FKR8 fork in a 55cm.

I'm going to move the Force groupo and components across from my motobecane Le Champion SL Force.
Old 02-05-08, 07:37 PM
Amen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The SRAM GB is supposed to be shipped a good month before the frame gets here......

Anybody gonna set up this stuff on their current bike before the frame gets delivered?
Old 02-05-08, 07:47 PM
FrankBattle 
SilentRider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anybody gonna set up this stuff on their current bike before the frame gets delivered?
Uhm, no?
Old 02-05-08, 07:57 PM
WheresWaldo

The SRAM GB is supposed to be shipped a good month before the frame gets here......

I will, especially since I didn't buy in on this frame.
Old 02-05-08, 08:00 PM
amorrow

Bikes: Witt Custom / Cinelli SuperCorsa / Raleigh Cross, nothing original / Very old Bianchi Mtn Bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That giant conversion sheet is bunk. I don't think people 5'6" to 5'11" should ride a 55-59 top tube. I'm 5'9" and ride a 54cm. Beware of making decisions based on that chart.
Old 02-05-08, 09:02 PM
WheresWaldo

Originally Posted by timmyquest
From Giant

I'm about 5'10" with an actual inseam of just a shade over 31". According to Giant i should be riding a 52cm traditional frame. That's smaller than what i'm use to riding...However, according to the chart above, they want me on something larger than what i'm use to riding.

I feel, for traditional economy, i need to be on a 53-55cm frame...
TQ, do not measure a frame by your inseam. It is simply wrong! That was the way you used to do it when frames in the US were measured in inches. Like 30 years ago when I had a 23" Peugeot with 27" x 1.25" wheel and tires. I am 5'10" also although my inseam is slightly longer than yours. Based on the Giant chart, and because I know my geometry like I know my own phone number I would ride Medium Giant or a 55cm/56cm traditional frame. I think you would also. This would not be based on stated size or seat post length, but rather on top tube length.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.