Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

*NEW* Pedal Force Group Buy - RS2

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

*NEW* Pedal Force Group Buy - RS2

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-08, 08:21 AM
markyore
markyore

Bikes: Specailized s-works E5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Its not been any hassle whatsoever. Pedalforce have been exceptional to work with, fantastic communication and personal service!

Last edited by markyore; 03-14-08 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-14-08, 08:32 AM
macd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Amen
My lbs berated me about how I should not support PF.

Supposedly, this groupbuy single handedly ruined sales for hundreds of local retailers when it came to the release of the red grouppo.

I had to explain that 105 was just fine, until I saw an awesome deal.

So, no, I don't think PF is doing anything great. They are selling well below WHOLESALE prices, and are not really marking well above OEM pricing. They are kinda nuts for selling this stuff so cheap. The fact that it got a little screwy, and now they have to pay for all this return shipping cuts even more into their profits.

Your LBS is full of BS. If it werent for the SRAM group buy, I would have stayed on my current DA setup and not bought RED from anyone. Do LBSes really think that someone is automatically gonna pay them 2x the price for something if they cant getting much cheaper someplace else?
Old 03-14-08, 08:49 AM
WHOOOSSHHH...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by 53x12
Don't be jealous.
OK, OK maybe I'm a little jealous...Just seems like a sh*T load of problems, and as for the Sram red switch and get D/A. Sram brakes suck, shifters not anywhere close to as smooth as D/A. I made the switch to Sram red on my BMC about 2 weeks ago and wish I could switch back...Looks great though..Newest and latest not always the greatest

Old 03-14-08, 08:54 AM
FrankBattle 
SilentRider

Bikes: Trek Madone SLR 7, Giant TCR Advanced Pro, Trek Domane SLR, Trek Emonda SLR Project One (x2), custom Bingham Built Titanium road bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How does one quantify said smoothness [on shifters]? Just curious. I'll be able to assess this on my own as I have a DA bike, and will, before too long, have a SRAM Red bike.

If I remember, I'll report back.
Old 03-14-08, 10:09 AM
dsilver668
Chasing the Peloton!

Bikes: K2 MTB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well considering the overall price, and the fact those of us who got a frame are still waiting I don't see much of an issue. So far I am very happy with the fact PF tries to do what is right and get everyone taken care of. I am really excited now...
Old 03-14-08, 11:48 AM
Rutnick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah, I'm sure Levi hates red.

Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH...
OK, OK maybe I'm a little jealous...Just seems like a sh*T load of problems, and as for the Sram red switch and get D/A. Sram brakes suck, shifters not anywhere close to as smooth as D/A. I made the switch to Sram red on my BMC about 2 weeks ago and wish I could switch back...Looks great though..Newest and latest not always the greatest

Old 03-14-08, 12:20 PM
dsilver668
Chasing the Peloton!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HaHaHa I am sure he has Campi on his unbranded bike, and DA on his TT or some mix there of. Honestly I wanted to try the double tap. I like it. For some reason it feels normal. Yes I rode a campy bike too, and liked it as well. Smothing about the brake handle twisting just didn't sit right. I am sure I could get used to it to, but me wanting to be different made me go SRAM. I got the Rival, and it looks lovely.
Now I just need the derailure clamp, pedals, and seat.. Oh frame would help too lol
Old 03-14-08, 12:27 PM
53x12
Part Viking, part machine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I actually test rode a Red equipped bike and must disagree with you. Red is a lot nicer than DA. Every shift was really smooth and engaged immediately. It also felt as if the shifts were much quicker than DA. To each his own. If you don't like Red, why don't you sell it and throw DA on your bike? I love how you post pictures of your bike in every thread . Also funny that I will be building my bike to be lighter than the Pro Machine at half the cost. Now that ain't bad for the slight problem that we have had and that is currently being fixed. I would take the cost savings of the PF any day.
Old 03-14-08, 01:21 PM
yogi13

Bikes: '06 Specialized Allez Expert

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK, I finally got my Force gruppo after PF sent it to my billing address vs. shipping address on Monday. No derailleur cables, nor brake cable housings included in my order.

<grumble>
Old 03-14-08, 01:56 PM
FrankBattle 
SilentRider

Bikes: Trek Madone SLR 7, Giant TCR Advanced Pro, Trek Domane SLR, Trek Emonda SLR Project One (x2), custom Bingham Built Titanium road bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I actually test rode a Red equipped bike and must disagree with you. Red is a lot nicer than DA. Every shift was really smooth and engaged immediately. It also felt as if the shifts were much quicker than DA. To each his own. If you don't like Red, why don't you sell it and throw DA on your bike? I love how you post pictures of your bike in every thread . Also funny that I will be building my bike to be lighter than the Pro Machine at half the cost. Now that ain't bad for the slight problem that we have had and that is currently being fixed. I would take the cost savings of the PF any day.
Go easy on the man. I'm sure he has seen the errors of his ways ..

He has admitted to being a bit envious, so cut him some slack. I mean, I hate rich(er) people, for example. I hate Halle Berry's baby daddy.
Old 03-14-08, 02:33 PM
53x12
Part Viking, part machine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FrankBattle
Go easy on the man. I'm sure he has seen the errors of his ways ..

He has admitted to being a bit envious, so cut him some slack. I mean, I hate rich(er) people, for example. I hate Halle Berry's baby daddy.
Yeah I guess I was a little harsh on him. Sorry woosh, just realize you aren't going to get any support in this forum with your attitude.
Old 03-14-08, 05:24 PM
WHOOOSSHHH...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah I guess I was a little harsh on him. Sorry woosh, just realize you aren't going to get any support in this forum with your attitude.

Now that's funny...Support on this forum is the last thing I need!! Personally, I wish everyone had a picture of their bike in every post... That way you get to enjoy allot of bikes and get some good ideas for future builds..this crap about not putting your bike in a post is BS..As far as you buying your PF and it being lighter, good for you ...I'd much rather have the PF than the BMC..but it was to late for me to get in and buy the $150.00 frame, and stick SRAM RED on it, and pretend I had a quality bike..Maybe next time..Oh yeah post a picture of your PF on this forum when you finish your build..can't wait to see it...
Old 03-14-08, 06:08 PM
dsilver668
Chasing the Peloton!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HaHaHaHa
I am going to pop some pop corn and get a beer and see where this goes lol
Yogi13 just drop them a line they will get it out to ya ASAP.

BTW they ran out of 34.9 clamps but will be sending it later with my pedals and seat. I am sure they aren't equiped to handel this kind of volume every day. And they are very responsive when you email them so I have no worries. Now about the $150.00 frame. I don't have difinative proof of where the layups for BMC happen but like many companies there is a good chance it is just down the road from where our PF frames are built. Now I am not saying that is bad. I also happen to like BMC very much. But I don't think the bottom line cost is that different from yours. It really comes down to components and how it is put together, i.e. by whom.
Let the flaming begin lol
Old 03-14-08, 06:27 PM
FrankBattle 
SilentRider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hope it goes nowhere. We all like bikes and we like SRAM Red, apparently. I, for one, am okay with a $150 frame.
Old 03-14-08, 06:50 PM
jinws
one good leg

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh hell, I put SRAM Red on a BD carbon frame. that's a what? $40 frame? I got all you beat.
Old 03-14-08, 07:32 PM
MMELVIS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help a noob out!!

I got my box of Force components today. It looks like I got exactly what I asked for. I have no idea what's supposed to come in the box with the brifters.

Here is what I got:
1. 2 shifters with derailleur cables sticking out
2. 2 silver brake cables
3. 3 cable housings, about 2, 4, and 6 feet long. The long one is "finished" on both ends.
4. small bag w/ cable ends, etc.
5. some very sketchy instructions, Thank God I have a builder.

Is this what I'm supposed to have? My cable bag is marked: 80.7915.000.000 and my stuff came in white SRAM boxes. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-14-08, 08:20 PM
sers

Bikes: Land Shark, Level Professional, Tsunami singlespeed, Giant Reign 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1) how many times are you going to post that thing and 2) why in this thread? Are you even part of the group buy? You own a top-tier bike with top-tier componentry and top-tier wheels. Being unhappy with an expensive bike doesn't make you a reference.
Old 03-14-08, 08:24 PM
sers

Bikes: Land Shark, Level Professional, Tsunami singlespeed, Giant Reign 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rutnick
yeah, I'm sure Levi hates red.
Levi's training bike is a steel LandShark with disc brakes:

Old 03-14-08, 09:31 PM
Wkend_Warrior

Bikes: Madone 5.2, Specialized Allez Epic, Giant RiconSE

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yogi13
OK, I finally got my Force gruppo after PF sent it to my billing address vs. shipping address on Monday. No derailleur cables, nor brake cable housings included in my order.

<grumble>
Yogi13,
Did you purchased the PF frame as well. Can't wait to see your complete bike.
Old 03-14-08, 09:58 PM
amorrow

Bikes: Witt Custom / Cinelli SuperCorsa / Raleigh Cross, nothing original / Very old Bianchi Mtn Bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My red stuff came yesterday. It didn't have any boxes, just bags. That's a little frustrating as I'm not keeping the crankset. Also, the FD has some slight imperfections in the cage. Anyone else have something like this? And the obligatory spanish language newspaper. Overall, quite satisfied.
Old 03-14-08, 11:07 PM
markyore
markyore

Bikes: Specailized s-works E5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amorrow
My red stuff came yesterday. It didn't have any boxes, just bags. That's a little frustrating as I'm not keeping the crankset. Also, the FD has some slight imperfections in the cage. Anyone else have something like this? And the obligatory spanish language newspaper. Overall, quite satisfied.
All the Red stuff is in bags because its OEM components. Just think of all the trees and dollars you've saved
Old 03-14-08, 11:30 PM
dsilver668
Chasing the Peloton!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mine Rival stuff was all boxed. No imperfections or anything else. MMElvis, looks like you got what you needed.
Old 03-15-08, 05:45 AM
BackRoadsBiker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why did everyone only get three cables? Do you have to cut the long one into two pieces? Which are which?
Old 03-15-08, 06:42 AM
WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by BackRoadsBiker
Why did everyone only get three cables? Do you have to cut the long one into two pieces? Which are which?
You should have six pieces of cable housing. Three for the brakes (bag is marked 80.7915.001.010), it should also have a small bag with ferrules and cable ends and a pair of steel brake cables. The other bag should have three pieces of dérailleur cable housing (bag may be marked 80.7915.001.000), it should have ferrules and some smaller cable ends but no cables as they are already installed in the brifters.

BTW, I got an email from Ming that my replacement crank set and cable set will be shipped on Monday.
Old 03-15-08, 06:55 AM
WheresWaldo
Ride it like you stole it

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale EVO Ultegra Di2, Pedal Force Aeroblade, Rue Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts

On the left is typical dérailleur cable housing. Notice that it has strand wire running the length of the cable. It is also compressionless, meaning that it won't compress as you pull the cable taunt.

On the right is typical brake cable housing. Notice that it has coiled steel wire running around the cable. It provides more strength to the cable as generally there is more pull on a brake cable system.

Dérailleur cable housing should only be used on dérailleur systems, brake cable housing can be used on both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.